TLE4267 Voltage Reg

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
XIERGNIO
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

I will use TLE4267 reg.

Please help me fo MCU and tle4267 connection.

How should I connect the "hold" "inhibit" and "RO" pins to the MCU?

Can I connect the "inhibit" and "RO" pins directly to the source? Or should I give 1 or 0 directly from the processor?

Please help me.

Thanks..

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello Xiergnio,

"RO" or Reset Output pin : It indicates the correctness of output voltage level. RO pin is set to low when output voltage drops below reset threshold value Vrt, which is typically 4.5V. It can be connected to a digital input on the MCU  and low state on RO pin can be considered as fault condition and suitable system reaction can be configured in MCU. 

"Inhibit" or  "E2" : A high state (Ve2> 4V) on this pin will enable the regulator. It can be connected to any control circuit (Ignition in Automotive applications) or to a digital output from MCU and a flexible enable/disable control can be achieved by writing 1/0 on the connected MCU pin. Else if IC has to be permanently enabled, it can be connected directly to the input of the regulator IC. 

"HOLD" or "E6" :  It is active low control input to the regulator IC and can be controlled through digital output of MCU. When it is set to low, output remains in its previous state instead of going 0V even if Inhibit pin goes low. This state is referred as Self Holding state. Please refer to Table 6 in below datasheet to know more about logic combinations of INHIBIT and HOLD pin.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLE4267-DS-v02_60-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46259d9a4bf0159f967db593...

Appropriate voltage conversion circuits will be required between MCU and regulator IC, if MCU I/O's are not 5V compatible. 

Thanks,

Meghana

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Meghana

Hello Xiergnio,

"RO" or Reset Output pin : It indicates the correctness of output voltage level. RO pin is set to low when output voltage drops below reset threshold value Vrt, which is typically 4.5V. It can be connected to a digital input on the MCU  and low state on RO pin can be considered as fault condition and suitable system reaction can be configured in MCU. 

"Inhibit" or  "E2" : A high state (Ve2> 4V) on this pin will enable the regulator. It can be connected to any control circuit (Ignition in Automotive applications) or to a digital output from MCU and a flexible enable/disable control can be achieved by writing 1/0 on the connected MCU pin. Else if IC has to be permanently enabled, it can be connected directly to the input of the regulator IC. 

"HOLD" or "E6" :  It is active low control input to the regulator IC and can be controlled through digital output of MCU. When it is set to low, output remains in its previous state instead of going 0V even if Inhibit pin goes low. This state is referred as Self Holding state. Please refer to Table 6 in below datasheet to know more about logic combinations of INHIBIT and HOLD pin.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLE4267-DS-v02_60-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46259d9a4bf0159f967db593...

Appropriate voltage conversion circuits will be required between MCU and regulator IC, if MCU I/O's are not 5V compatible. 

Thanks,

Meghana

Also I have a question more!

With this regulator we are decreasing 30 v to 5 v  and we calculation it will warm up!!!

Is there any suggestion for thermal problem? How do we manage it ?

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello Xiergnio,

To prevent junction temperature rise, we should have better heat transfer from component to ambient. To achieve this, the thermal resistance  Rthj-a should be minimised, which can be done by ,

1. Reduce thermal path by using thinner PCBs
  2. Increasing the chip area and adding thermal via's on PCB
  3. Providing wide tracks to improve horizontal heat transfer.

Further, you can also use heatsink with suitable thermal resistance to reduce the Tj rise. 

If you opt to use an additional heat sink, below app note can be referred for its assembly.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Recommendations+for+Board+Assembly_TO.pdf?fileId=db3a30433fa8a51a013fa...

Thanks for your feedback 

have a nice day

0 Likes

Hello Dear Meghana;

We tried tle4267 for 12v,24v and 30v but it did warm up evey level of each voltage.This situation isin't acceptable for us.

Is there any ideas offer to us.If it possible your offering related to extarnal solution.I mean we absorb the temp without changing the base circuit.

Thank you! Have nice one. 

0 Likes

Also we  draw current on each voltage just 60 ma .

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello Xiergnio,

An external heat sink has to be used to dissipate this heat and limit the junction temperature rise. Rth value of the heatsink required for your application can be calculated as explained in page 21 of the guide What The Designer Should Know .

And below AN explains the standard way of mounting heat sinks for D2PAK. This method can be followed for other small IC packages as well.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-ApplicationNote_Package_Cooling_of_ThinPAK_Package-AN-v01_00-...  

If your existing layout do not support above mounting method, you can use heatsink which can be mounted over the component body. Heatsinks of various mounting style are now available in market. You can choose a suitable one from any of the distributor websites. 

Regards

Meghana 

0 Likes
XIERGNIO
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Thank you for your information

have nice day.

0 Likes