Solar-Powered IoT Device Kit (S6SAE101A00SA1002 ) Examples download query

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am just querying the installation process for the (Kit Design Files, Documentation, Examples) package as found in the "Related Files" section at the bottom of this page.

For some reason the Cypress Update Manager shows a "Network Error" next to the software I downloaded. As someone new to the Cypress IDE and related design software, is this something I simply ignore or is there a fix for this.

For record, I completed following steps:

After successfully downloading an application file (SOLARPOWEREDKITSetupOnlyPackage.exe), I clicked to install. This opens up an InstallShield wizard and you are requested to choose type of install (typical, custom, or complete).

This then installs " Solar-Powered IoT Device Kit 1.0 Rev.** " An explanation is provided "The package includes example projects created using the PSoC Creator IDE. Hardware schematics and other design files are also included. A quick start and users guide are available to get familiar with the projects and hardware that comes in the kit."

Once complete a new dialog box opens offering choice to open up the release notes etc. and open up the PSoC Creator. This all seems to work fine.

Now, I see that no information is provided as to what was installed here. The Release Notes do not list out exactly which files were downloaded and where they are stored etc. so cannot cross reference. Opening up the Cypress folder on my computer I can see that there is now a new folder called "Solar-Powered IoT Device Kit" and within this folder there is another folder called "1.0".

Within this folder there are other folders, which I see are later referenced in the user manual.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Strange. What puzzles me is that the project named in the error-window has nothing to do with your Solar Powered IoT Device Kit. I have got four example projects listed and none of them is related to an UART_Bootloader project.

I suggest you to get in contact with Cypress directly: At top of this page select "Design Support -> Create a Support Case" and describe your problem.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies