Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Nav291
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi Infineon Team,

We are using IR38063MTRPBF Buck regulator in our design. We are operating it from 12V input to 3.9V output.

This 3.9V buck output is connected to the battery charger output. When we connect the USB cable to the battery charger input then we see the IR38063MTRPBF Buck regulator input going to 24 V and it is turning off the Buck output. Any reason why we are seeing the Buck Input voltage shift? Tried the same thing with Silergy buck regulator but it works fine in that case. I have attached the waveform also for that.

The input voltage shift happens in the attached waveform is when we connect the USB cable.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Nishanth
100 solutions authored 10 likes given 100 replies posted

Hello @Nav291 ,

Thank you for the information.

I have some follow-up questions.

1. I understand that over-voltage protection is not triggering in the Silergy buck regulator. Can you confirm whether the input voltage is shooting up with the Silergy buck regulator also?

2. IR38063MTRPBF is operating in analog mode or Digital mode?

3. In order to understand the issue better can you share the schematic of your system?

If you are not feeling comfortable sharing the above information. You can open a case and share data in our  Infineon case management system. We will be able to provide one-to-one support on that platform.

Regards,

Nishanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Nishanth

Hello @Nav291 ,

Thank you for contributing to the Infineon community.

We are sorry that you are facing this issue with our buck regulator.

In order to understand the issue better, can you provide the below details :

1. Block diagram of the circuit

2. What is the input source for the buck regulator?

3. What is the purpose of using the USB cable?

4. What is the rating of the battery?

5. What is the input source for the battery charger?

Regards,

Nishanth

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Nishanth,

I have attached the block diagram for your reference.

2. What is the input source for the buck regulator?-- We are providing the Input power using adapter having spec 12V/5A

3. What is the purpose of using the USB cable?

We need to communicate with our processor so we need to connect the USB cable

4. What is the rating of the battery?- Currently we are not using the battery. the red colour representation shown in block diagram is not present

5. What is the input source for the battery charger?

Input source is from micro USB cable connected to the laptop Type A port

0 Likes
Nishanth

Hello @Nav291 ,

Thank you for the information.

I have some follow-up questions.

1. I understand that over-voltage protection is not triggering in the Silergy buck regulator. Can you confirm whether the input voltage is shooting up with the Silergy buck regulator also?

2. IR38063MTRPBF is operating in analog mode or Digital mode?

3. In order to understand the issue better can you share the schematic of your system?

If you are not feeling comfortable sharing the above information. You can open a case and share data in our  Infineon case management system. We will be able to provide one-to-one support on that platform.

Regards,

Nishanth

0 Likes