S6AE102A / S6AE103A evaluation board - how to regulate it for using it to suppy boards with 3.3V regulated supply requirement?

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dhgac_296796
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hello, I am having  S6AE102A / S6AE103A evaluation board with 3V CR2032 battery. When I connect Vout1 to my PSOC 5LP Proto board for supply, the supply status LED keeps on blinking with very low intensity, the voltage gets reduced to around 2.3 V. When I seperately measure voltage and current on multimeter, it shows 3.3 V and current in 100s of mA.

Is Vout voltage continuously switching? how to regulate it for using it for boards with 3.3V regulated supply requirement with low current requirements? Please suggest if any settings are missing

0 Likes
1 Solution

The coin battery has a large ESR. Therefore, if there is load as shown in the following graph, voltage is drop.

This is similar to any coin battery.

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
RinoS_61
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hi,

In the case of the circuit represented by the following block as an example, it becomes the following waveform.

You may have seen the voltage in the red circle.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Sato

0 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I have connected the battery so I guess circuit should draw power from battery to maintain output voltage. even if I remove solar cell and only battery is present same is observed. 

0 Likes

The coin battery has a large ESR. Therefore, if there is load as shown in the following graph, voltage is drop.

This is similar to any coin battery.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Thank you !!  I understand, my board current requirement is more. My requirement is to have 3.3 v regulated voltage for supplying the sensor board. Which battery and settings would be useful in this case with this evaluation board? I want seamless energy delivery..

0 Likes

Hi,

Connect 3 batteries of 1.5 V output (such as dry cells) in series to obtain an output of 3.3 V or more.

Connect a 3.3V LDO to the output of the S6AE10XA to obtain a stable voltage.

0 Likes