Rcs value for ICE3PCS01G based 1.5kw PFC

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
vasudev_96
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given 5 sign-ins

Hi

I am designing 1.5kw pfc using ICE3PCS01G IC ,I need to know how to select the value of Rcs resistor for a given power level. I am aware that it is suggested in datasheet to us 50 ohm but I have observed that different values of Rsc has been used in multiple reference designs. I am also aware that it limits current flowing out of Isense during inrush current which causes large negative voltage . So my question is how to select Rsc value (I did refer design guide for the same but didn't find anything about it) . 

According to my calculation (based on inrush current and absolute maximum current through Iisense )it should be 1.3kohm which I don't know if it is right. so please help me with this. 

Thank you 

Vasudev 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Shiva_C
25 solutions authored 50 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi,

Thanks for posting at Infineon Community.

To limit the absolute maximum ratings at ISENSE pin 50ohm is the recommended value with headroom.

Please go through the below simulation link to fine-tune the RCS value as per your requirement.

https://design.infineon.com/tinaui/designer.php?path=EXAMPLESROOT%7CINFINEON%7CApplications%7CIndust...

Regards,

SPCH.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Shiva_C
25 solutions authored 50 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi,

Thanks for posting at Infineon Community.

To limit the absolute maximum ratings at ISENSE pin 50ohm is the recommended value with headroom.

Please go through the below simulation link to fine-tune the RCS value as per your requirement.

https://design.infineon.com/tinaui/designer.php?path=EXAMPLESROOT%7CINFINEON%7CApplications%7CIndust...

Regards,

SPCH.

vasudev_96
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given 5 sign-ins

Hi,

Thanks for the simulation file, I tried 68 ohm and it works well for 1.2kw .

Regards,

Vasudev 

0 Likes