Question about TLF35584QVHS2

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ivelin
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 likes given

Hello community! I am currently working on a project that includes TLF35584QVHS2 and since there is not an analytic datasheet for that model, I wanted to ask if it is safe to bridge the power supply outputs QT1(pin 33) and QT2(pin 32) so I can use the maximum current to supply some sensors.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Vishnu_Nambrath
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, 

We can connect QT1 and QT2 together, But I recommend keeping 1Ohm resistance in series to have a better current share between the trackers. You can use the below diagram and excel sheet for the calculation of the load share. Please modify the loads and resistance values in excel according to your application. 

Vishnu_Nambrath_0-1658402958806.png

You have any further question, please let me know. 

Regards 

Vishnu N

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lock attach
Vishnu_Nambrath
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, 

We can connect QT1 and QT2 together, But I recommend keeping 1Ohm resistance in series to have a better current share between the trackers. You can use the below diagram and excel sheet for the calculation of the load share. Please modify the loads and resistance values in excel according to your application. 

Vishnu_Nambrath_0-1658402958806.png

You have any further question, please let me know. 

Regards 

Vishnu N

Ivelin
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 likes given

Thanks a lot for the quick response! The thing is I want it to be versatile to different currents for different brands of sensors.

0 Likes

Hello, 

You can consider the worst-case load while designing. Use the above approach to check the current share for each tracker in the worst case.  Please make sure your operating points are within the datasheet limits. 

Regards 

Vishnu N