Power Supply reference Design

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Swastik
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Is there any available power solution reference design for ZCU208 RFSoC Evaluation kit?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Neo_Qin
5 likes given 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi @Swastik ,

Sorry about my late reply.

Neo_Qin_2-1674013487698.png

For MPM3833C, according to the output specifications, Infineon Integrated POL Voltage Regulators (Series)_Analog power module (Product Category) _TDM3883 (3A continuous Iout) or TDM3885 (4A continuous Iout) are potential alternatives.

For MPM3683-7, this power module with 8A of continuous current and 10A of peak current, and the power inductor integrates.  Infineon Integrated POL Voltage Regulators (Series)_Analog power module (Product Category) does not offer such current levels, and we recommend that you choose the Integrated POL Voltage Regulators (Series)_Analog (Product Category) with external power inductors. IR3899AMTRPBF, IR3888BMTRPBF or TDA38827 are potential alternatives.

More details about Integrated POL Voltage Regulators please refer to the following URL:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/dc-dc-converters/integrated-pol-voltage-regulators/?vi...

Regards,

Neo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Neo_Qin

Hi @Swastik ,

This XILINX evaluation kit should delivery with an 12V Wall Adapter.

If you want a third-party alternative, is there any special requirements for power parameters?

Regards,

Neo

0 Likes

Thanks @neo for the reply

I was designing a board based on XCZU48DR Xilinx RFSoC, one used in Xilinx ZCU208 kit.

I was looking for power solution from Infineon similar one available for ZCU111 Eval kit.

0 Likes
Neo_Qin

Hi @Swastik ,

According to the ZCU208 Evaluation Board User Guide, some power chips from Infineon are used.

If you need an evaluation board for these chips, please click "Design Support" under the relevant product page to obtain all reference designs.

Neo_Qin_0-1673781359643.png

Regards,

Neo

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Swastik
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Thanks @Neo_Qin.

Actually I was looking for a complete power solution from Infineon .

Some of the supplies used in the kit are generated using Monolithic parts( see attached pic),

Swastik_0-1673850936342.png

Can you help me in suggesting full power solution out of Infineon parts.

0 Likes
Neo_Qin

Hi @Swastik ,

Sorry about my late reply.

Neo_Qin_2-1674013487698.png

For MPM3833C, according to the output specifications, Infineon Integrated POL Voltage Regulators (Series)_Analog power module (Product Category) _TDM3883 (3A continuous Iout) or TDM3885 (4A continuous Iout) are potential alternatives.

For MPM3683-7, this power module with 8A of continuous current and 10A of peak current, and the power inductor integrates.  Infineon Integrated POL Voltage Regulators (Series)_Analog power module (Product Category) does not offer such current levels, and we recommend that you choose the Integrated POL Voltage Regulators (Series)_Analog (Product Category) with external power inductors. IR3899AMTRPBF, IR3888BMTRPBF or TDA38827 are potential alternatives.

More details about Integrated POL Voltage Regulators please refer to the following URL:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/dc-dc-converters/integrated-pol-voltage-regulators/?vi...

Regards,

Neo

0 Likes

Thanks @Neo_Qin  for your suggestions

0 Likes