PowIRCenter .pcd design files for Xilinx ZCU111 and ZCU208 boards

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
matus
Level 3
Level 3
10 likes given 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello,

I was wondering where I could find the design files for the above mentioned Xilinx boards?  I can't find them at https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/xilinx-SoC-FPGA-power-reference-design/Xilinx_Zyn...

Several config files there are not recognized by the tool.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Nishanth
100 solutions authored 10 likes given 100 replies posted

Hello @matus ,

Kindly find the configuration files of ZCU-208 in the attachment.

Regards,

Nishanth

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Nishanth

Hello @matus ,

Thank you for contributing to the Infineon Community.

Some configuration files are available for ZCU-111 in the below link.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/xilinx-SoC-FPGA-power-reference-design/Xilinx_Zyn...

The files having .pcd extension can be opened by clicking on the Open Board Design through the File tab and loading the required .pcd file.

Nishanth_0-1685339526789.png

The files having .txt extension can be opened through the following steps:

Step 1: Add the device to which a configuration file is to be loaded.

Nishanth_1-1685339723500.png

Nishanth_3-1685339850038.png

Step 2: Click on the Load Config File from the Register Map tab and load the required .txt configuration file.

Nishanth_4-1685340063062.png

Regards,

Nishanth

0 Likes
matus
Level 3
Level 3

Hello @Nishanth 

@Nishanth wrote:

The files having .txt extension can be opened through the following steps:

Step 2: Click on the Load Config File from the Register Map tab and load the required .txt configuration file.

Nishanth_4-1685340063062.png

I can't see the Register Map tab. Instead I have the Design Wizard tab, which you don't have... 

Screenshot - 02-Jun-2023 , 4_43_22 PM.png

When I try loading a config file through Load Config File nothing seems to happen in this window. I am confused why your PowIRCenter looks different. Is it because I don't have a full license?  

Thanks,
/Mikhail

0 Likes
Nishanth

Hello @matus ,

Yes. The register map is accessible if you have a licensed version of PowIRCenter.

You need to have a valid NDA with Infineon in order to get the license for PowIRCenter. kindly let us know if you have an NDA in place with Infineon. If you do not have an NDA contact the local distributor to complete the NDA process. Please find the below link to find Infineon-authorized Distribution Partners in your region,

matus
Level 3
Level 3

Hello @Nishanth ,

Thank you for your help. I was hoping to find a board configuration file with the whole power tree or at least information about how the available files map to the devices in ZCU111. In the meantime, I have another question about the ZCU111 design. It seems to be relying on the pre-programmed IRPS5401MXI04TRPAUMA1 parts, which are difficult to get, so  I am trying to understand whether the same or slightly modified design can be used with unprogrammed IRPS5401MTRPBF parts. I can see that the I2C infrastructure needed for programming the parts is powered by the UTIL_3V3 rail, which is itself created by a programmable IRPS5401, so that would have to change. So, basically, the question is whether I can safely program the voltage regulators in the presence of the load without damaging the load in the process? Is there an application note describing such a process?

Thanks,
Mikhail

0 Likes
Nishanth

Hello @matus ,

Unprogrammed IRPS5401MTRPBF parts can be used in place of pre-programmed IRPS5401MXI04TRPAUMA1 parts by programming the unprogrammed IRPS5401MTRPBF.

Kindly find the following documents which would aid in programming the IRPS5401MTRPBF part.

IRSP5401 Demoboard 

IRPS5401 Programming Guide 

It is possible to disable individual Switchers by clicking on Immediate Off refer to the image below. Programming can be done without affecting the load after disabling the outputs.

Nishanth_1-1685427295161.png

Regards,

Nishanth

0 Likes
matus
Level 3
Level 3

Hello @Nishanth ,

Are the outputs disabled by default on the unprogrammed parts?

Thanks,
/Mikhail

0 Likes
Nishanth

Hello  @matus ,

Yes, the outputs are disabled by default in the unprogrammed part.

Regards,

Nishanth

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Nishanth

Hello @matus ,

Kindly find the configuration files of ZCU-208 in the attachment.

Regards,

Nishanth

matus
Level 3
Level 3

Hello @Nishanth ,

Thanks a lot for the files! 

/Mikhail