OPTIREG 24V LDO for Truck application

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaSe_4667596
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I'm selecting one of the LDO from OPTIREG family for our Truck application.

Some of the part which meets my requirement

TLE4267G

TLE4267GM

TLE4270-2D

TLE4270-2G

TLE4476D

Can we use all parts directly to battery supply?

Is there any filter circuit required between battery supply and VIN pin?

Does all OPTIREG LDOs directly connect to battery supply?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello, 

You can use TLS850 but make sure the maximum ratings are not violated. 
You can also consider using TLT807B0EPV which has overvoltage protection up to 58 V (< 400 ms).

Regards 
Vishnu N 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vishnu_Nambrath
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, 

You can use these regulators directly on the battery line. EMC design is application specific, but I can provide the following hints for your design. 

• These regulators are with reverse voltage protection. But if your negative pulses on supply lines are beyond this range, please use a diode for the reverse voltage protection.
  • Use a buffer cap (in the uF range) and a high frequency filter cap(in the nF range) based on your EMC requirements. 
  • If your positive pulses on the power lines are beyond the absolute value specified in the component datasheet, please make sure either the buffer cap is going to suppress this or use a transient voltage suppressor diodes at the battery line. 

If you need any more support, please let us know. 

Regards 

Vishnu N

0 Likes

Thank you for your inputs.

Is there any way to use TLS850 series part in 24V battery system. TLS850 recommended for 12V battery system but we want to use for 24V .

As per datasheet only difference is max input voltage support 65V for 400ms there in 24V LDO and 40V there in TLS850 series i.e 12V application.

Could you suggest any external circuit so that we can use TLS850 series for 24V application?

0 Likes

Hello, 

You can use TLS850 but make sure the maximum ratings are not violated. 
You can also consider using TLT807B0EPV which has overvoltage protection up to 58 V (< 400 ms).

Regards 
Vishnu N 

0 Likes