Layout Considerations when Working with ICE2PCS06

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MimHo98
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First like received

Hey there! As discussed in my previous topic, when we apply load on this IC, the power factor and the output voltage decrease. So, I've got some basic questions about PCB consideration when working with ICE2PCS06. Could you please tell me what cares should be taken when routing to improve the performance? Is there any basic,simple point that should be taken into account? I just know that star grounding is a great idea. How can I reduce and mitigate ground bouncing and crosstalk? I'm completely new to this topic so any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution
Guruprasad_A
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi @MimHo98 ,

Ground bounce can occur due to small inductance in the leads connecting an IC to your board. The easiest way to prevent ground bounce is to use a bypass capacitor. Crosstalk refers to the unwanted electromagnetic coupling that is created between the traces of a printed circuit board. An excessive voltage or current affecting one trace can produce unwanted effects on another trace, without the two being in physical contact with each other.

For layout suggestions, please refer to section 3 of the application note titled "Design Guide for Boost Type CCM PFC".

also refer Practical design and evaluation of an 800 W PFC boost converter using TO-247 4pin MOSFET ,

LITIX™ PCB design guidelines 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Guruprasad_A
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi @MimHo98 ,

Ground bounce can occur due to small inductance in the leads connecting an IC to your board. The easiest way to prevent ground bounce is to use a bypass capacitor. Crosstalk refers to the unwanted electromagnetic coupling that is created between the traces of a printed circuit board. An excessive voltage or current affecting one trace can produce unwanted effects on another trace, without the two being in physical contact with each other.

For layout suggestions, please refer to section 3 of the application note titled "Design Guide for Boost Type CCM PFC".

also refer Practical design and evaluation of an 800 W PFC boost converter using TO-247 4pin MOSFET ,

LITIX™ PCB design guidelines 

Best Regards,

0 Likes