Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
drudolf
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

I submitted a question previously on the Power Solutions:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/Altera/Arria10StratixX100Wto160W/

It was recommended to replace the IR3555 (obsolete) with TDA21472AUMA1 but "that some tuning would be necessary". According to the datasheet the PowlIRCenter tools should be used which I downloaded and installed. There doesn't seem to be an option to use the IR35204MTRPBF... Is there an additional .pcd file for this part or is this the wrong tool to use to "tune" this design? In the past I have used tools from other manufacturers to design switching power supplies where I could trade off efficiency for area or current output and it would generate a BOM of the discretes and I could see the ripple and noise in the resultant design. Is this the tool I should be using or is there another that is better suited?

Dan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sodum
50 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 10 likes given

Hello @drudolf ,

Thank you for posting your query on Infineon Community.

PowIR Center GUI supports IR35204, but you need to install a full version with the license to control IR35204 with PowIR Center GUI. Please contact your local FAE for the license.

Find the below image from the GUI for your reference,

Sodum_0-1664331598338.png

PowIR Center GUI help you with your design for control loop tuning, ripple estimation and many more. Please find the below link more details on PowIR Center GUI,

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/an-0035.pdf?fileId=5546d462533600a40153559088d40f2d

Regards,

Premsagar S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sodum

Hello @drudolf ,

Thank you for posting your query on Infineon Community.

PowIR Center GUI supports IR35204, but you need to install a full version with the license to control IR35204 with PowIR Center GUI. Please contact your local FAE for the license.

Find the below image from the GUI for your reference,

Sodum_0-1664331598338.png

PowIR Center GUI help you with your design for control loop tuning, ripple estimation and many more. Please find the below link more details on PowIR Center GUI,

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/an-0035.pdf?fileId=5546d462533600a40153559088d40f2d

Regards,

Premsagar S

0 Likes
drudolf
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins
Hi Premsagar,
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I have no idea who my FAE is. When I
called the main technical support line I was told "all support is
handled through the Community Forum". Maybe someone else can say who would
be my FAE in Ohio (outside Dayton)?
Thanks,
Dan
0 Likes
Sodum

Hello @drudolf ,

FAE contact details are shared via an email to your email ID registered with Infineon Community.

Regards,

Premsagar S 

0 Likes