IDP2303A startup

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
fionut
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello

Regarding IDP2303A, I have 2 questions : 

1. Are the configurable parameters (datasheet, section 3.8.2 Configurable Parameters ) one time programmable ?

2. If they are one time programmable, I need more  information regarding how to correctly adjust from the first time the  startup parameters of the LLC stage , considering that right now my power supply starts only at 66% of full load . 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The PFC control in IDP2303A is "multi-mode" (CrCM & DCM), which is suitable relatively for lower power <300W.  If used for 400W application, due to the nature of CrCM/DCM PFC, the PFC current ripple will be very high, therefore very challenging to solve EMI issue. CCM control is more suitable for your case. Infineon have CCM PFC ICs such as ICE3PCS0x.

As for the parameters, most of customers use the default values for their application without any change. In your case, if the power supply starts only at 66% of full load, probably it is limited by the over-current protection. Therefore, you can reduce the PFC & LLC current sense resistor values.

In case parameter change is needed, it is a bit complicated.  You need to propose the change first, then usually the local FAE will make the parameter change in the CSV file for this IC, and then burn the IC with the changed CSV file. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Abhilash_P

Hi,

No, they are not one time programmable.  

Can you please provide the startup parameters that you are looking for to be modified? 

And also please provide the additional details regarding your circuit specifications. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes
fionut
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello

My application : 

input 180-264 VAC

output 48DC. 400W

PFC + LLC  all controled by IDP2303A 

output caps : 2x680uF; then an LC filter (3.3uH + another 680uF)

Because "OTP" was stated several times in datasheet, I wanted to be sure what parameters to modify before doing a permanent and possibly incorrect change. 

right now it has the default paramaters (I did not changed anything yet)

I do not know exactly what parameteres to modify, i suppose V_Ocp1_start, t_Ocp1_blk_startup , Slope_TCO_init , Slope_TCO_min , N_burst_sstart  ...

0 Likes
Abhilash_P

Hi,

The PFC control in IDP2303A is "multi-mode" (CrCM & DCM), which is suitable relatively for lower power <300W.  If used for 400W application, due to the nature of CrCM/DCM PFC, the PFC current ripple will be very high, therefore very challenging to solve EMI issue. CCM control is more suitable for your case. Infineon have CCM PFC ICs such as ICE3PCS0x.

As for the parameters, most of customers use the default values for their application without any change. In your case, if the power supply starts only at 66% of full load, probably it is limited by the over-current protection. Therefore, you can reduce the PFC & LLC current sense resistor values.

In case parameter change is needed, it is a bit complicated.  You need to propose the change first, then usually the local FAE will make the parameter change in the CSV file for this IC, and then burn the IC with the changed CSV file. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes