Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Robert1
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked First reply posted

I am currently using ICE3PCS01G to design a circuit, the specifications are as follows: VIN_AC=85V~265V; Vout=312V; 300W; VCC=15V. At present, the test is not working properly. How do I analyze it when there is no voltage output at Vref? In addition, is there any document that can introduce how to calculate the resistance selection of the Vsense & Vovp circuit.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Guruprasad_A
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi @Robert1 ,

Thank you for posting in the Infineon community.

Refer Application note " D e s i g n G u i d e f o r B o o s t T y p e C C M P F C w i t h
I C E3P C S x x" for calculation.

Vref is generating internally once IC gets input supply (Vcc). Kindly check Vcc voltage at IC terminals.

Regards,

GA

0 Likes
Robert1
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your reply.

I still can't get it to work and I think I might have to wonder if my IC is a bad one. I attach my circuit diagram, can you help to check if there are any mistakes that need to be modified?PFC.png

0 Likes
Guruprasad_A

Hello,

The Schematic looks to be fine. Please verify the following:

1. Check the connection for BOFO modification is required there.GA_0-1684822521759.png

2. OVP resistor divider required to be designed for a higher output voltage.

if there is no voltage at VREF, replace the IC and check.

0 Likes
Robert1
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your reply. After we bought a new IC and replaced it, the function was normal. (The BOFO pin you mentioned is currently connected to Vref to make the system work.
But I have two problems, the first problem is that my ICE3PCS01G will be damaged when I adjust the AC input voltage to <95V. The state of the IC after damage is that Vref=5V is normal after VCC is supplied, but VB_OK="LOW" & GATE has no output.

The second problem is. When I raised the voltage to 100V, I did a load test, and the load was 25W, and my MOSFET burned out. The above two phenomena do not have these problems when I input AC greater than 110V.  

What is the problem that causes the IC to be damaged when the input voltage is low?

0 Likes
Robert1
Level 1
Level 1

The follow-up experiment is as follows:

If according to the design of my circuit, VBOP=2.3V when AC input is ~100V, then I connect the VBOFO point directly to VREF=5V (to disable boost follower).When there is no load, it can be used under low voltage (AC input>86V) and the boost outputs is 312V . But when I adjust the AC input to 100V and output with 75Watt load, the MOSFET will burn out and the D-S breakdown will occur. What is the reason for this situation?

0 Likes
Guruprasad_A

Hi,

Check the MOSFET and inductor current to see if they are saturated.

0 Likes
Robert1
Level 1
Level 1

PIC1.jpgPIC2.jpgPIC3.jpg

The reason for the large current of the previous waveform is due to the error in the attenuation of the probe. The re-updated information is as follows:
At present, I first test the current waveform of the boost inductor when AC=110V, and the capture waveform is in three situations: no load, 33W, and 49W. Can you help to estimate whether it is reasonable? Can you guess the reason why the MOSFET will burn out when the AC voltage is low (85-100V) and there is load?
Also, do I need to adjust Rsens & Cicomp?

0 Likes
Guruprasad_A

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I checked the waveforms, looks like a compensation issue (the drain and current waveform are not stable).

Adjust the compensation.

Regards,

GA 

0 Likes