I2c not detected in IR38164MTRPBFAUMA1

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mona
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

i have a IR38164MTRPBFAUMA1 ic mounted on a board with a NXP processor (T2080) with a ferrite
bead which was kept open initially.The IR38164MTRPBFAUMA1 was programmed for 1.023 voltage
and the Rs and vsense pins were taken from the output voltage (just before the opened ferrite
bead connection). Now when the output was proper, we mounted the ferrite bead which means that
the regulator's output is connected to processor and we finally connected the processor's sense pins to
RS pins.Soon after that, the regulator output is 0v and i am not able to access the IR38164MTRPBFAUMA1 through
I2C. How do i conclude what might have occurred or if the infineon chip has gone bad?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Shiva_C
25 solutions authored 50 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi,

Please check the below points,

1. Since you are not clear about whether the chip is working or not. We recommend you disconnect the ferrite bead between IR38164MTRPBFAUMA1 and NXP processor check the chip function is ok.

Since output going to zero soon after connection with processor please check below points

1. While connecting to the processor sense pins to RS pins, please check the Power Good signal status.
2. Vout_offset, OV, UV thresholds and power good thresholds must by programed by the user.
3. Vsns and processor sense pins how were placed on board?

4. Please share SCH and board files.

Regards,

SC.

0 Likes