Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
IzzetKorkmaz
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi,

I try to set the sleep mode via TLF35585 but the board consuming a almost 160 mA which is higher than settable monitoring current value (max value is 100 mA ). Is there any way to set Sleep mode without decreasing the current value?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AhmedSaber
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First solution authored 10 replies posted

Hi ,

I have a similar issue actually

Can we first try to turn off the TLF voltage outputs e.x. QVR, QT1,2, QCO via spi command
then send the TLF into sleep, then the MCU into Sleep mode
Is this approach reasonable?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
AnilKumar
First question asked 50 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the Infineon community.

No, it's not possible to remain in a sleep state if uC current consumption is greater than 100mA.
As soon as uC current is greater than the threshold, it will move to Wake state. (Refer to the state machine diagram, section 10.1)

AnilKumar_0-1664190276424.png

Reach out to me if you have any further queries.

Thanks

Anil

0 Likes
AhmedSaber
Level 2
Level 2

Hi ,

I have a similar issue actually

Can we first try to turn off the TLF voltage outputs e.x. QVR, QT1,2, QCO via spi command
then send the TLF into sleep, then the MCU into Sleep mode
Is this approach reasonable?

0 Likes
AnilKumar

Hello,

Yes, QVR, QT1,2, and QCO are configurable and can be turned off when sending a Go to Sleep command but if the QUC current is still higher than the threshold, MCU will not enter into sleep mode.

Thanks

Anil

0 Likes

Hi,

Very good answer

This is exactly the problem I'm facing now

Then how can I turn off the QUC as well, it seems it is not configurable via spi as the other power output

0 Likes
AnilKumar

Hello,

As pointed out rightly QUC is not configurable in sleep state and will remain ON in sleep state, however, if you want to turn off QUC as well, you can send TLF to standby mode.

Thanks

Anil

0 Likes
AhmedSaber
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

The problem is, When I try to send the TLF into Standby, while the LDO_µC is activated, the TLF transition is aborted and moved to INIT state instead.

From the TLF user manual, it says:

If the LDO_µC current monitor is activated and the current consumption of the microcontroller is not below the
selected LDO_µC current threshold before the transition delay timer ttr,del has expired, the device will move to
the INIT state and a reset (ROT) is generated.

So how can I guarantee that the power consumption monitored by the LDO_µC is under the threshold knowing that the MCU is completely power from TLF QVR, QT1,2, QCO and QUC

And I already turned off these power outputs before sending the TLF Normal - Standby transition command

0 Likes
AnilKumar

Hello,

One option could be to put uC into sleep mode first before trying to put PMIC into sleep mode to ensure current consumption of LDO_uC is within the threshold.

Thanks

Anil

0 Likes