Hard reset using TLF355

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vlafci
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First like given

Hello,

Our customer requests a hard reset function on a project with TC322 using TLF355. When a hard reset request is received, we need to perform a power on reset by turning off and on the VCC output of TLF. How can we achieve this? We tried to set the SBC and transceiver into sleep mode. In theory, this should cut off the power of MCU, an incoming can/lin signal should wakeup the transceiver which should wake up the SBC that must basically cause a reset. But it didn’t work.

vlafci_0-1649415980681.png

The code is always stuck at the infinite loop following the sleep operation.

Do you have any suggestions?

We apricate your help.

Thank you.

Edit: A watchdog overflow reset is not applicable for us. Triggering a wdg reset takes more than 100ms which is too much for our application. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Hi,

I assume you mean for example the TL35584.
In that case you could do the following:

As your TLF expects an uninterrupted square wave on the TLF ERR input pin from your MCU, you could just stop the signal to provoke internal error handling of the TLF. If  the INIT fails twice, the Hard reset will be generated.

Best regards,

TBencher 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I assume you mean for example the TL35584.
In that case you could do the following:

As your TLF expects an uninterrupted square wave on the TLF ERR input pin from your MCU, you could just stop the signal to provoke internal error handling of the TLF. If  the INIT fails twice, the Hard reset will be generated.

Best regards,

TBencher 

Hello.

Thank you for your answer.

Yes you are correct, we are using TLF35584. I already tried using ERR pin. Currently have we disabled error monitoring. When I try to enable it, the SBC performs a reset when I can enable it however sometimes the mcu stops responding. I cannot debug it since error pin monitoring is always disabled while using a debugger due to debug pin. I think it goes to DET or core freeze.

So I tried to do it with the interrupt pin. If I try to write into a protected register without disabling protection, it generates an interrupt. The ESR1 pin is connected to the INT pin of the TLF. However, interrupt pin has a pulse even after the sbc init (around 120ms).

As I learned, there is a 600ms init timeout on the SBC, it shouldn’t send an interrupt until 600ms reached or sbc is initialized correctly. I don’t know why is this happening.

vlafci_0-1649841503891.png

Thank you for your support.

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

are you working with a custom PCB or something like the Triboard?
Please could provide your related schematic?  If your schematics are not supposed
to be public, you could send it to info@tbench-solutions.com . 

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes

We cannot share the schematics unfortunately because it isn't ours, we have an NDA to use it. If you can suggest some specific configurations on the hardware, I can provide it to you.

Thank you.

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

how did you connect your TLF to the TC?

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

As the original topic is resolved and there is no update for long time, I am locking this thread. You can create a new thread if there are further questions.

Thanks.

0 Likes