Engineer

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rciuri
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

My question is about LLC converters. The most tipical appliation using LLC converters is when the input voltage comes from the ouput of a PFC (400V). Using a LLC half bridge you can find really manufacturable inductor, capacitors and transformer. The design I am trying to do is a 48V (30V to 60V) input to 48V output (adjustable from 39V to 60V) 300W, and the values of ressonant tank are really extreme. Low inductances Lr and Lm and hight ressonsant capacitor Cr. I also tryed with full bridge LLC topology and it seems that the values are a little bit better but still low inductances and big capacitor. As a consequence the ressonant current is too high at no load. Can you please suggest more centered values of the ressonant tank or a methodology for this LLC converter design to reach better values ofr the ressonant tank?

Thanks

rciuri

0 Likes
1 Solution
Guruprasad_A
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi @rciuri ,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

Please check FB-LLC calculator excel tool . Use this tool to identify resonant tank value. 

Please feel free to reach out to us if you need further clarification on this topic.

Best Regards,

GA

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Guruprasad_A
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi @rciuri ,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

Please check FB-LLC calculator excel tool . Use this tool to identify resonant tank value. 

Please feel free to reach out to us if you need further clarification on this topic.

Best Regards,

GA

0 Likes