Doubt regarding the minimum guaranteed current output from the two voltage regulators of this IC: TLE9471-3ES V33

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ananthuv10
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I would like to know the minimum guaranteed output current of this 3.3V regulator and 5V regulator at maximum junction temperature, also please provide the calculations used to get this answer

IC: TLE9471-3ES V33 

0 Likes
1 Solution
SuhasBobade
100 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Hi ananthuv10,

Thanks for posting your query.

3.3V Low-Drop Buck Voltage Regulator supports up to 500mA of output current. For higher operating temp i.e. 125Deg, it is safe to draw up to 300mA based on cooling area provided on the PCB.

5V Low-Drop Linear Voltage Regulator supports up to 100mA.

For thermal calculations kindly refer to the 2nd chapter of the below-mentioned user guide.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-SBCLite_UG-UM-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46265f064ff01661ff16c...

kindly feel free to ask if you need any other support or information.

Thanks & Regards,

Suhas 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SuhasBobade
100 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Hi ananthuv10,

Thanks for posting your query.

3.3V Low-Drop Buck Voltage Regulator supports up to 500mA of output current. For higher operating temp i.e. 125Deg, it is safe to draw up to 300mA based on cooling area provided on the PCB.

5V Low-Drop Linear Voltage Regulator supports up to 100mA.

For thermal calculations kindly refer to the 2nd chapter of the below-mentioned user guide.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-SBCLite_UG-UM-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46265f064ff01661ff16c...

kindly feel free to ask if you need any other support or information.

Thanks & Regards,

Suhas 

0 Likes