Does ISO1I811TXUMA1 need an isolated supply?

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ataberkdlkl
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

hello, I'm using ISO1I811TXUMA1. Does this IC need an isolated supply or a mains supply to supply it? If an isolated supply is required, how can we provide it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sodum
50 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 10 likes given

Hello,

Thank You for posting your query in the Infineon community.

I hope your query is regarding supply isolation between input & output side of the IC.

Yes, input & output power supplies to the IC should be isolated, please refer the below link for more details,

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Application_note_ISOFACE_safety_limits_for_ISO1I8xx-ICs-AN-v0...

Please feel free to contact for any further queries.

Regards,

Premsagar S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sodum

Hello,

Thank You for posting your query in the Infineon community.

I hope your query is regarding supply isolation between input & output side of the IC.

Yes, input & output power supplies to the IC should be isolated, please refer the below link for more details,

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Application_note_ISOFACE_safety_limits_for_ISO1I8xx-ICs-AN-v0...

Please feel free to contact for any further queries.

Regards,

Premsagar S

0 Likes
so is there a way to supply the ic  it without an isolated supply?
0 Likes
Sodum

Hello,

The primary application of ISO1I811TXUMA1 is to provide isolation between input & output. If we use common power supply without isolation, then the galvanic isolation provided by chip would be broken.

Please share information about your application for better understanding.

Regards,

Premsagar S

0 Likes