Changing duty cycle at the output signal of ICE3PCS01G

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
varunkamath
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi, I am new to this space and I am trying to operate ICE3PCS01G PFC controller IC. This is my first Power Electronics project, and I am not able to vary the pwm signals at the output of the IC. Even if I vary the VSENSE voltage, it does not vary the output PWM pulse at the GATE pin. Are there any other necessary input voltage which are to be given in order to vary the PWM pulses at the GATE (output) pin? Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Guruprasad_A
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi @varunkamath ,

Thank you for posting in the Infineon community.

Can you send the schematic? and Input specification.

Regards,

GA

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello GA, 

Input is 230VAC (RMS) 50Hz. Frequency desired is ~100kHz. Desired output is 400VDC. This design is for a 2kW CCM PFC. Attaching the schematic here for your reference.

For now, I am not providing any AC Signal as input.  I am only testing the working of the IC by supplying it necessary voltages. I am supplying BOP with sufficient amount of voltage so that the IC keeps functioning, and also supplying the VSENSE feedback pin with a variable voltage around 2.5V.

I am able to get the PWM pulse at the output but it doesn't change its duty cycle as the feedback voltage is varied. That's the issue.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

Can you check varying input @Isense and Vsense together? 

Regards,

GA

0 Likes