Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ajin
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins First solution authored 10 sign-ins

I tested the code of 3.3KW semi bridgeless dual boost PFCCapture.PNG. In that code the PI values are calculated with respect to mean Power for current control loop (inner loop). I have doubt about power calculation. Can you explain the way they are calculating the Power. I also didn't get how they got ZK(Q0.15) = 3Hz/1KHz x 2^15 = 98. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vinay
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi @ajin,

Good Day!

Thanks for posting your question in Infineon community.

Input power is calculated from Input voltage and input current.

P_In = U_in*I_in

Input power is filtered with a low pass filter with a filter factor of Zk. The value Zk is the filter factor of the input power to smoothen the ripples present in the calculation of actual input power.

Filter factor Zk = (To/T) = (3/1000)

Where T is the Time constant of the signal and To is the filtered sample time

Here time constant is 0.33 sec and filter sample time is 1 msec

Generic model of Low pass filter

y(n) = (x(n)-y(n-1))*Zk + y(n-1)

Where x(n) is the input to the low pass filter, y(n) is the filtered output and Zk is the filter factor.

Please refer defines.h header file for ADC conversion. Input voltage full scale is 938.88 V and Input current full scale is 34.09 A.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Vinay

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vinay
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi @ajin,

Good Day!

Thanks for posting your question in Infineon community.

Input power is calculated from Input voltage and input current.

P_In = U_in*I_in

Input power is filtered with a low pass filter with a filter factor of Zk. The value Zk is the filter factor of the input power to smoothen the ripples present in the calculation of actual input power.

Filter factor Zk = (To/T) = (3/1000)

Where T is the Time constant of the signal and To is the filtered sample time

Here time constant is 0.33 sec and filter sample time is 1 msec

Generic model of Low pass filter

y(n) = (x(n)-y(n-1))*Zk + y(n-1)

Where x(n) is the input to the low pass filter, y(n) is the filtered output and Zk is the filter factor.

Please refer defines.h header file for ADC conversion. Input voltage full scale is 938.88 V and Input current full scale is 34.09 A.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Vinay
0 Likes