Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sunwenbin
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

The PLECS thermal profile of the silicon-based MOSFET I need is not available on the Infineon website. How can I get the PLECS thermal profile of the desired device for simulation?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jingwei
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 100 solutions authored

Hi, 

You can do in that way for sure. And that AN is great for Automotive MOSFET parts. Here is another link, which could be helpful for you. If you have more questions, reply behind this.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Power-MOSFET/MOSFET-Switching-Losses/m-p/321512

Steven

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Jingwei

Hi wenbin,

Thanks for using Infineon Community.

Switching losses models can be modelled additionally by using so called "thermal models". These models are basically a look-up table.

The thermal models needs following input: Eon and Eoff as a function of Vds, Ids and temperature. The big challenge is that PLECS models need the switching-loss values input. This data (Eon/Eoff) strongly depends on the parasitics from the PCB, the operating mode and the I/V trajectories and the measurement technique. Generating this (inaccurate) data requires substantial effort in our char lab. Without this data we are not able to generate PLECS models.  

If you want PLECS Thermal model for our products, please get in touch with your local Infineon OFFICE or FAE, they can help you to get this.

Thanks and BR,

Steven

Hi,I noticed that Infineon provides a document called "MOSFET power losses calculation using the data sheet". I would like to know if a lookup table can be calculated using this method, is this feasible? Does it take a lot of effort and time?

0 Likes
Jingwei

Hi, 

You can do in that way for sure. And that AN is great for Automotive MOSFET parts. Here is another link, which could be helpful for you. If you have more questions, reply behind this.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Power-MOSFET/MOSFET-Switching-Losses/m-p/321512

Steven

0 Likes