IRS2092S with high-frequency transformer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Lavie
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi, can the half-bridge output of the chip IRS2092S be connected to the high-frequency transformer? Why can the chip work normally before the connection of the transformer, but after the connection of the transformer, it can not vibrate under the condition of no load or with load?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello Lavie,

This behaviour might be because of Output side overcurrent detection. Because of low impedance of the transformer, there could have been a high current flow through the switches.  The schematic is not very clear to analyze this further and confirm the cause. 

Can you please share a clear snippet of the complete schematic. 

Regards

Meghana 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you posting on the Infineon community. 

According to my understanding, there has to be a coupled inductor on the VS pin i.e the output of the half bridge. 

Can you please share the shot of your application  circuit where you have used a transformer?

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes

thank you! this is my output circuit, the function of transformer is to match my transducer, but with  the  transformer in my circuit, it CSD pin will work. I check pins of VAA, VSS,VBS and VCC, and their are all good, I think it maybe  trigger short circuit protection

Lavie_0-1642695035547.png

0 Likes
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello Lavie,

This behaviour might be because of Output side overcurrent detection. Because of low impedance of the transformer, there could have been a high current flow through the switches.  The schematic is not very clear to analyze this further and confirm the cause. 

Can you please share a clear snippet of the complete schematic. 

Regards

Meghana 

0 Likes