EVAL_3KW_2LLC_C7_20 Evaluation Board working Issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bandarikarthik
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 100 sign-ins First like given

Hello Experts!!

I need your help, I have  purchased the EVAL_3KW_2LLC_C7_20 Evaluation Board and initially I have Tested it got the output 

later  I  have done  some modifications in source and flashed and there is no output 

but, when I received exclusive Information regarding Board there was an HEX file kept in separate folder 

so I have flashed it, This was working with GUI communication perfectly I can set different output voltages  44v-58v 

But normal operation its not working please help me for this I need a solution to operate it as it is  when I have  purchased.

regards,

Karthik 

Bandari Karthik Kumar
0 Likes
1 Solution
psb
250 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi @Bandarikarthik 

The 3kW Dual Phase LLC Demo Board is not intended to be used as a battery charger, so with the current hardware on the board, there is no way to implement CC and CV mode functionalities only by simple software adaptation. This can be implemented only with additional dedicated hardware according to the charging profile you would like to implement. In other words, the design of these additional functionalities has to be done by deciding on the kind of closed loop control and adding in the required hardware accordingly. 

If  there is no additional damage/change in the hardware, the board's normal operation will surely be restored by flashing in the code downloaded via product registration.

Thanks,

Sai

Best Regards,
Sai

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
psb

Hello @Bandarikarthik,

Can you please specify about what you are intending to do and how you are modifying the code and the  inputs to the GUI ?
Kindly mention if any important measurements like voltages, currents are not ok as well and also any error log.
We'll look into that and get back to you. 

Thanks,

Sai

Best Regards,
Sai
0 Likes

Hello @psb , Thank you for responding 

the board is working fine  with GUI  I can set different output voltage  levels 

and s I have received the Source Code from the Infineon when I purchased the product 

While testing with out  GUI if  output current crossed 55A its out put is shutting down  But I want to Act the CC mode where Output voltage should Decrease it meant for battery characteristics 

But its not happening 

Guide me I want to Implement the Control loop for CC mode  what steps should I Take  for implementing CC mode in this Module 

regards 

karthik 

Bandari Karthik Kumar
0 Likes
psb

Hi @Bandarikarthik 

The 3kW Dual Phase LLC Demo Board is not intended to be used as a battery charger, so with the current hardware on the board, there is no way to implement CC and CV mode functionalities only by simple software adaptation. This can be implemented only with additional dedicated hardware according to the charging profile you would like to implement. In other words, the design of these additional functionalities has to be done by deciding on the kind of closed loop control and adding in the required hardware accordingly. 

If  there is no additional damage/change in the hardware, the board's normal operation will surely be restored by flashing in the code downloaded via product registration.

Thanks,

Sai

Best Regards,
Sai
0 Likes