3KW_2LLC_C7_20

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bandarikarthik
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 100 sign-ins First like given

Hello every one ,

I have purchased two 3Kw_2llc_c7_20 Evaluation Boards (DC-DC converter)

when I have Given rated 400VDC , one board is operating in normal mode giving 54V output But another board is not giving the output, I have tried from GUI interface both Boards are working properly I will Share you the screen shot below of GUI window 

In Second Board Memory fault status register is highlighted  in RED color  I have shared the GUI manual in that page 8 

Appendix A status register description there is a explanation about memory fault 

but if have erased the MCU flash and dumped Hex file given by the Product registration information its not working 

please guide me the following issue.

I want board 2 to work as normal mode like Board 1 is working .. I have source code given by Infineon for 3Kw_2llc_c7_20

and also HEX file.

Bandari Karthik Kumar
0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

I understand that you are looking to implement batter charging spec using the eval board. 

But as already mentioned in the following thread, this eval board is not intended for battery charging ( CC and CV mode),

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Power-MOSFET/Implementation-Of-CC-mode-in-EVAL-3KW-2LLC-C7-20-DC-D...

It is recommended to use a eval board that is designed for battery charging. 

I suggest you to use EVAL_2KW_48V_CHAR_P7 eval board. This evaluation board is targeted for battery charging applications. The evaluation board uses a dual-boost PFC + half-bridge LLC power supply solution. Infineon’s latest CoolMOS™ P7 Super junction MOSFET  enables natural convection cooling. The design has a battery management control system capable of charging both lead-acid and Li-ion based 48V batteries in the different charging modes. The charging profiles correspond to the latest trends of battery charging. Furthermore, the evaluation board offers the possibility to set the nominal battery capacity in order to adjust the charging currents of different battery sizes. In addition to this, it grants a parallel operation of two modules that can extract 4kW maximum charging power. This enables fast charging for Li-ion batteries. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Abhilash_P

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the Infineon community. 

1) From your description I understood that second board is not at all functioning and there is no output obtained from the board. But in the attached GUI, I can see that the working/measured voltage U2 is around 54V. 

Can you please reconfirm and let me know?

2) In the GUI please check only  LLC1, LLC2 and Automatic SR operation and try running the demo board. Please do not check SR1 and SR2 operations initially. 

And one more question, from which channel did you receive the source code? 

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes

hello @Abhilash_P  thank you for your response 

1) From your description I understood that second board is not at all functioning and there is no output obtained from the board. But in the attached GUI, I can see that the working/measured voltage U2 is around 54V. 

1) ANS

Board 1 is working fine with GUI and with out GUI 

and Board 2 is working only with GUI 

2)And one more question, from which channel did you receive the source code?

2)Ans 

please open below link it will take you to the product 

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/eval_3kw_2llc_c7_20/ 

as it was an DC DC convertor we would like to implement the battery characteristic in that convertor it has CV support we would like to implement CC for that Board 

we have source code for that board but need to implement CC mode pls guide us 

Bandari Karthik Kumar
0 Likes
Abhilash_P

Hi,

1. Board 1 is working fine with GUI and with out GUI 

and Board 2 is working only with GUI 

Ans: The board has to work with the GUI interface. 

I think 2 threads has already been created with a similar request. Can you please refer to it?

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Power-MOSFET/EVAL-3KW-2LLC-C7-20-Evaluation-Board-working-Issue/td...

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Power-MOSFET/Implementation-Of-CC-mode-in-EVAL-3KW-2LLC-C7-20-DC-D...

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes

hi @Abhilash_P 

Both the request were posted by me only yes they both with similar issues 

kindly help us to solve it 

we would like to implement CC via soft ware in that control card to get Battery characteristics 

regards,

karthik 

Bandari Karthik Kumar
0 Likes
Abhilash_P

Hi,

I understand that you are looking to implement batter charging spec using the eval board. 

But as already mentioned in the following thread, this eval board is not intended for battery charging ( CC and CV mode),

It is recommended to use a eval board that is designed for battery charging. 

I suggest you to use EVAL_2KW_48V_CHAR_P7 eval board. This evaluation board is targeted for battery charging applications. The evaluation board uses a dual-boost PFC + half-bridge LLC power supply solution. Infineon’s latest CoolMOS™ P7 Super junction MOSFET  enables natural convection cooling. The design has a battery management control system capable of charging both lead-acid and Li-ion based 48V batteries in the different charging modes. The charging profiles correspond to the latest trends of battery charging. Furthermore, the evaluation board offers the possibility to set the nominal battery capacity in order to adjust the charging currents of different battery sizes. In addition to this, it grants a parallel operation of two modules that can extract 4kW maximum charging power. This enables fast charging for Li-ion batteries. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes