ld linker files not text searchable

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
joshm
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins 10 questions asked

I am using PSoC Creator 4.4, and I am unable to text search .ld files. I'm wondering if there is a setting somewhere (which I have been unable to find) that will fix this. Anybody able to text search .ld files through PSoC Creator?

The only text search settings I have been able to find are Tools/Options/Text Editor/Find and Replace and there is nothing relevant there. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @joshm ,

In order to search for a text in the .ld files, you have to select the option 'Current Document(.ld)' or 'All Open Documents' in the 'Look In' section of the search (Ctrl+F) as shown below after opening the .ld file in the editor:

AlenAn14_0-1655962363970.png

Text search for .ld files do not work for other options like 'Current Project' and 'Entire Workspace'.

You can also use 'Selection' after selecting the .ld file from the project explorer.

Warm Regards
Alen

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @joshm ,

In order to search for a text in the .ld files, you have to select the option 'Current Document(.ld)' or 'All Open Documents' in the 'Look In' section of the search (Ctrl+F) as shown below after opening the .ld file in the editor:

AlenAn14_0-1655962363970.png

Text search for .ld files do not work for other options like 'Current Project' and 'Entire Workspace'.

You can also use 'Selection' after selecting the .ld file from the project explorer.

Warm Regards
Alen