gcc.exe not found

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am just trying Creator 3.1 for the first time  (3.1 (3.1.0.1570))  ( and a later version as well) and I cannot build any project that uses any part of the gcc toolchain on a computer running windows vista.

The error messages are

'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory'

'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'

The same two versions of creator installed on  a windows7 virtual machine  running on linux work perfectly ok with no changes to the default installation and they also work fine on a native win7 install on another machine.

Is there a problem running the software on a windows vista machine?

0 Likes
6 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

I had a sililiar problem and searched HDD for gcc.exe and

placed its path into the build settings, compiler, additional

paths entry.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I added every directory underneath 'gnu_cs\arm\4.8.4' and it did not make any difference.

I can call arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe from the command line without problems, it just won't work from within creator.

<winge mode>  I am not a windows user and nothing I ever see of it convinces me that is a bad choice

This stuff would be so much better if it wasn't tied to windows</winge mode> 🙂

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Creator runs under win vista without any troubles on one of my machines.

If you haven't tried yet: de-install Creator and re-install it with admin rights.

If all fails, create a "MyCase" to get help from a Cypress engineer: At top of this page under Support & Community -> Technical Support -> Create a MyCase.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I managed to temporarily scrounge another laptop running XP from a colleague and Creator is working fine. That is all I need for the moment.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

For anybody that may have a similar problem and read this in the future.

I  changed the path env variable in Windows to include the path to cc1.exe included with PSoC Creator and now the software is working 100%.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. I was thinking about if it might be the case that the installation was not run completely with admin rights.

Bob

0 Likes