flash CY8C4014LQI-421 via API

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
oe_4943341
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

I have an requirement to flash CY8C4014LQI-421 using a c# program. I have tested more or less all the example codes but all of them end's up in "The Hex file does not match the acquired device, please connect the appropriate device".

However if I take the same hex file and try to flashi it using the PSoC GUI program it works every time.

Do anyone have an example for the CY8C40xx famly? or have any input on what may be wrong...?

Thanks for any suggestions that may help!

BR

Ola

0 Likes
1 Solution
oe_4943341
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the quick response!
I manage to get it to work yesterday, It was one of those "double errors". I tried the sample code Examples\Programming\*.
First I tried the example in \Examples\Programming\PSoC4 (which is the correct) but I got the wrong hex file from software dep. When I then had the correct file I did have som old code targeting another CPU family left.

Now all is working fine! Thansks for a nice API and good examles!

BR
Ola

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @oe_4943341 ,

Are you using the sample codes available in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Programming\PSoC4\SWD\C_Sharp ?

If yes, then place share the Program.cs file so that I see the modifications you have done.

If not, please share the hex file and the C# program you are using. 

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
oe_4943341
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the quick response!
I manage to get it to work yesterday, It was one of those "double errors". I tried the sample code Examples\Programming\*.
First I tried the example in \Examples\Programming\PSoC4 (which is the correct) but I got the wrong hex file from software dep. When I then had the correct file I did have som old code targeting another CPU family left.

Now all is working fine! Thansks for a nice API and good examles!

BR
Ola

0 Likes