cannot remove LCD from or add I2C component to copied project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
stsm_296211
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I have a CY8C3866 project using the standard 2x16 parallel char LCD (on port6) & a number of other components working fine on TQFP-100 part 030 board. I've copied that project and am trying to remove the LCD, replace with an I2C panel that I have all drivers for & is working fine in other projects, and change to the 64-QFN. Both projects are in the same workspace (Creator 3 comp pack 7/Win7 Pro/ i7). I copy the project, rename, select the 64-QFN device, delete the parallel LCD from the code and TopDesign, add I2C fixed master to the TopDesign. The old LCD will not leave the pins view, the new I2C master will not show up in the pins view. A clean build does not correct. I know if I start a new project from scratch this will all work fine.

I have never run into this before on a copied project within the same workspace. What am I missing?

Thanks - Steve

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Probably you are stuck to the actual selected project you are working on and which you are building. best could be to post your complete project here. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file (you may use chrome, that should work from now on).

Bob

0 Likes
stsm_296211
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

You're right Bob. I found the active project was not that shown in bold in Creator's Workspace Explorer. I basically edited the wrong TopDesign, even though I have the other project as active. I've never run into this before. Bummer, but I'll be more careful from here out.

Thanks - Steve

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I forgot:

Welcome in the fascinating world of PSoCs!

Bob

0 Likes