a function conflict about the P1[1] of CY8C21534-24PVXI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        a function conflict about the P1[1] of CY8C21534-24PVXI   

In one of my CapSense Project , I used a CY8C21534-24PVXI. I found there was a function conflict about the P1[1] of CY8C21534-24PVXI:   
In the Datasheet of this chip, P1[1] is described as a pin of ISSP-SCLK, but in PSoC Designer 5.0 software, P1[1] is the only feedback resistor pin available.   

How can I deel with this conflict?   
Thank you for your help.   

yours,   
tsmephisto,China   
0 Likes
4 Replies
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        You can use P1[1] for the feedback resistor and at the same time use it for ISSP also. When you are programming the chip using the ISSP, the feedback resistor will not affect the ISSP operation. Check out AN2014 for more details about ISSP. As long as the resistor load on the ISSP pins is greater than 1K, there should be no problem.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thank you very much.   

yours,   
tsmephisto,China   
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sir,
I'm doing a project on Capsense with 4 buttons, 1 slider(8 sectors/segments) and 4 LEDs using CY8C21534-24PVXI. My buttons were working fine (I could lit the LEDs for each tapping on the buttons), but the sliders were not working properly (only 5 sectors were working; rest were not working).

I'm also trying to use Multichart in this project using TX8SW user-module. I couldn't use P1[5] for the Data out (I2C SDA) purpose as it is used by feedback resistor (10K). Then, I tried connecting 10K resistor in P1[1] (used by ISSP), and configuring P1[5] for I2C SDA, but the LEDs were flashing without finger presence.

I'm using C code from Cypress examples and it is attached below.

Please help me out from this issues.

Thanking you
Joel

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, there's a mistake in my previous mail, I'm using feedback resistor of 2K(not 10K) and Cmod of 10nF.

Joel

0 Likes