What are all these .cyprj Project Files?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuEl_264296
Level 5
Level 5
First like given 25 sign-ins First solution authored

Hi,

Looking in my project directory, I can see two .cyprj files:

• MyProject.cyprj
  •     
  • MyProject.cyprj.MyUserName
  •    

What is the second file for? Should it be checked into the SVN? Does it contain any actually important info?  The reason I ask is this:

I develop firmware on two PCs. I use my desktop for most firmware development. But sometimes I need to debug a PSoC out in the field. So I also have an SVN checkout of the firmware on a laptop. I edit the code on the laptop, and check in the code when I'm done, and update it onto my desktop again.

I have two different usernames on those two PCs, and so there are two different cyprj.MyUserName files, one on each PC. If they contain important information about my project, then that's a problem.  What's going on?

Many thanks

Hugo

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The second file contains your current settings as opened files etc. When a different user works with the project his settings will be saved under his name. Not really needed to back it up in SVN.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The second file contains your current settings as opened files etc. When a different user works with the project his settings will be saved under his name. Not really needed to back it up in SVN.

Bob

0 Likes