Very weird PSOC Creator problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been fighting for about 10 hours now with a very weird problem in Creator that I got after splitting my code.

I wrote a function and header file to control an external DAC component. The DAC Write function is called from the initializer.c function which has a header file for the DAC function included. This should have worked as it did for other functions and header files I created.

My code stopped working and while I was checking this with the debugger I discovered the strangest thing: all the variables in the code (visible as you put the mouse pointer over the variable during a break state) are 0!!

If I put // in front of the function call to the DAC write the problem goes away and if I put it back it persists.

I have exhausted all my options and seriously believe there is some fundamental flaw either in Creator or in Eclipse.

Has somebody else seen this problem before and is there a solution for this problem?

Any help is very much appreciated!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be easier if you can upload the project and we shall check. 🙂

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi lleung,

Thanks!    What is the preferred way to share Creator Projects?

Heiko

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

As my magic glass-bowl tells me, you are using a PSoC5 part and Creator (hopefully 2.0), so do the following:

"Build->Clean Project"

"File->Create Workspace Bundle(minimal)"

Then upload the -ZIP-File by entering the filename or selecting the file via the search function at the bottom of the reply-window.

Happy uploading

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Thanks for showing me how to make a workspace bundle! I have attached the file to this message.

An explanation to the code:

Line 47 in the function Initializer.c holds the line that causes all the problems. If this line is turned on and the code is

run till the first breakpoint the mouseover popup holding the variables all display 0. Also the mouseover does not work

like normally. I really need to click on the variable to force the popup to come up.

If line 47 is turned off the code functions normally...

Heiko

P.S.

Also I experienced something else: I have spent quite some time rebuilding the whole project in a new PSOC5 project.

At the end I wanted to turn on the -m function to allow <math.h> to be used but I am not allowed to access the build settings

:-s. Is it necessary to turn on the -m function at the start of creating a project?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

About the math.h option: I solved this by clicking on the project in the workplace explorer. This allows you to access build settings.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

For the community: this is a double post and I started to answer in PSoCDeveloper Forum here: http://www.psocdeveloper.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=8532 

Bob

0 Likes