Unable to read UART_Bootloader.hex. The path does not exist

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting to explore PSoC 5... I am getting the following message when building a trivial PSoC 4 bootloadable project with dependency on UART_Bootloader. 

"Unable to read the hex file (D:\CY\WSs\Blinking LED\UART_Bootloader.cydsn\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_484\Debug\UART_Bootloader.hex). The path does not exist."

Both projects, bootloadable and bootloader have  ARM_GCC_493  paths.   Where is the 484 reference engrained in the bootloadable project for it to want that path?   I cannot find it anywhere.

Any ideas how to get around it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum,

Double click on the bootloadable component and select the correct path to the .hex file. Are you using PSoC4 or 5? Which board (Cy8CKit-0xx) do you use?

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum,

Double click on the bootloadable component and select the correct path to the .hex file. Are you using PSoC4 or 5? Which board (Cy8CKit-0xx) do you use?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is where it is !    Now it builds clean.   I had searched all the text files with no success.    I guess it is kept in the binary format one.

Right now I am playing with the PSoC4 49 kit, but I also have the PSoC5 59.   

thank you.

Tony

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Abandon the Kit-049. Get a CY8CKIT-043 instead. That kit has got (as your PSoC5-059) debug capabilities!!!

So when you got a project working, you can adapt it to the -49 and build your prototype.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will add it to my Mouser cart for next time I order.   I was thinking that I could snap out the programmer/debugger from the Kit-59 and hook it to the Kit-49 with a 5-wire cable.   Would that work ?

Tony

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I hate breaking off the kitprog. Yes, programming will work, but the UART-USB bridge has to be reconnected with wires.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate breaking off the kitprog. Yes, programming will work, but the UART-USB bridge has to be reconnected with wires.

I have just place the order for a KIT-43.   One way or another, I will end breaking off one of the kitprogs to have a separate programmer/debugger.   I would rather have a miniprog like packaged solution, but the current one is a bit pricey.

I do not follow you on the reconnecting the USB-UARTbridge.   I would not be breaking off the KIT-49.   I would break the -59 or -43, solder 5 wires with dupont termination and install a header in the SWD area of the -49.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I did separate my -049 kit and connected it to a Kitprog. At the time I wanted to use a PuTTY connection I had to wire the Rx and Tx separately because both that signals get broken when snapped off.

Bob

0 Likes