Tortoise SVN Version Control PSOC Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kyha_1602936
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking into doing some sort of version control with my firmware files and PSOC Creator. I'd like to use Tortoise SVN for version control with PSOC Creator.

Does PSOC Creator have any built in functionality to integrate a version control program or process for project files?

I did find an older posting about necessary files for version control of PSOC Creator projects.

http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/revision-control-psoc-creator-projects-kba86358

​I've also searched around a bit for anymore posts, kb articles, and information online for integration to PSOC Creator. I couldn't find any native support in PSOC Creator. If anyone has a process set up with suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi K Hale,

I use Git for version control, i used the KB Article you link to build my .gitignore, but i have to handle all on the project directory, not directly in PSoC Creator.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi K Hale,

I use Git for version control, i used the KB Article you link to build my .gitignore, but i have to handle all on the project directory, not directly in PSoC Creator.

0 Likes

Thanks for your input. I ended up using Tortoise SVN and their windows integration to be able to browse the repository I set up. I think PSOC Creator would be that much better if they were to ever integrate version control into the IDE. Maybe in the future they'll add it, but for now this will do.

0 Likes
JoBr_1593366
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 questions asked 100 replies posted

I also use Git, but for these big PSOC projects, it's hard to tell which files belong in version control and which don't.   That document is old and incomplete.

0 Likes
JoBr_1593366
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 questions asked 100 replies posted

and when I try to build an older revision, I get lots of linker errors, I don't understand why. 

Build error: ERROR: L128: REFERENCE MADE TO UNRESOLVED EXTERNAL SYMBOL:

etc

apparently some files are needed to be in revision control that aren't, or it doesn't compile certain things if it thinks they're already compiled.

0 Likes

This often happens if I checkout different old/new commits.  I overwrite the entire project with the original example code, then discard any changed files, and then it works again.

0 Likes