SPI and JTAG

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello, I would like to ask you to help in the program PSoC Creater. Do diagram, which attach to the I needed to add a connector for JTAG programming and connection for analog output terminals SPI should be supplied from external devices (demodulator). Unfortunately I do not know which pins connect them. Thank you so much for your help   
0 Likes
13 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

What device are we talking about (did not look at the schematics, I don't have eagle on my current machine - maybe you can attach a PNG).

The family data sheet for your device should tell you what pins are needed for JTAG (but SWD would be enough I think).

For SPI it depends on the component you are using. For the UDB-based SPI component you can route the pins to wherever it suits you on the PCB.

Whats about the analog connections you are talking about?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum

For creating a prototype or a proof-of-concept it is always advisable to use one of the development kits you can get from Cypress or your local distributor. In your case the CY8CKIT-042 for developing with the (smaller) PSoC4 or the CY8CKit-050 for the PSoC5LP family would be appropiate. All schematics of those kits (including the pinning for JTAG) are freely downloadable right now from the board-description websites.

Happy coding!

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Wiring attach in PNG. My job is to chart add these points. 1 add crystal P15 [0], P15 [1] 2, pin SPI (MOSI, MISO, SCLK, CS, ...) 3, analog output, 4 connector for programming (JTAG) 5 pin for analog output and SPI pins will be supplied from an external device (demodulator). The first three points I have finished, you just can not cope with the 4th and 5th point. Sorry for my English.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

JTAG connection looks quite right. SPI is digital signal and can be routed all over the chip in a PSoC5. Analog out shouldn't be a problem either. Again: Get hands on a CY8CKIT-050 and build your project with it. You can be ready within a very short time and avoit any pitfalls.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thank you so much for your advice:-) Unfortunately, we do not know with SPI advice I could help you Get?   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

MOSI, MISO and SS are all digital signals and as such can be routed to *ANY* GPIO pin on a PSoC5, regardless of your board acting as spi master or spi slave.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thank you for the advice, but unfortunately I lost a bit in PSoC. Could I ask you, if you give me for my SPI diagram created in PSoC? Sorry to burden you with this, but did you know that in the council.   
0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I tried to create the SPI PSoC 5LP. Please would you look at that? Pins I joined ja free GPIO pins   
0 Likes
lock attach
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I renamed some pins for clarity, connected the slave select (ss) output to a pin, connected the reset input (not needed, but looks better) and spent you my inital main.c template.

Your translator program is a bit uncommunicative, try to use more words or the help of a kollegue.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

On Creator Start Page is an example project (Master or Slave or both) where you can

load and run for a basic approach -

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thank you so much for your advice.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I would like to ask you for advice. To which I can pin VDDO connect power from the SPI?   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

You mean you want to power the PSoC from an external port? or do you want to power the external SPI device from the PSoC (to turn it on and off)?

0 Likes