cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC™ Creator & Designer

MaMo_1429561
New Contributor II

Hello Community,

I am currently evaluating RTC backup time after POR in PSoC6 BLE PIONEER KIT. As mentioned in the schematic there is a supercapacitor connected to VBACKUP for backing up the RTC time(Refer 'CY8CKIT-062-BLE_Kit_Guide' page 33).

I tried flashing the example project '002-16825_CE216825' and '002-18964_CE218964' .

In both the projects, the time is ticking when the kit in on condition. But after a POR the previous time is not retained by the RTC like mentioned in the TRM/datasheet.

Kindly, help to resolve this issue ASAP. As in our design the decision to add an additional IC to retain the time or not totally depend on this. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith

Hi MaMo_1429561​,

Can you please check the below threads and let me know if they help?

Re: RTC clock does not keep time during main power loss

More Real-Time Clock woes

Battery/Super Capacitor backup power / RTC

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rakshith

Hi MaMo_1429561​,

Can you please check the below threads and let me know if they help?

Re: RTC clock does not keep time during main power loss

More Real-Time Clock woes

Battery/Super Capacitor backup power / RTC

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

MaMo_1429561
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot !!

As per your suggestion, I made the required changes in the power supply (ie VBACKUP) settings located in the system tab of .cydwr file.

Now RTC is retaining the time after a POR. So the RTC issue is resolved.

But this fix has created a new issue. Sometimes the BLE controller (Controller is Running in Cortex-M0+ and the Host and Profiles are running in Cortex-M4 in my case) is failed to initialize after a POR.

Errror                        :   Failure! : Cortex-M0+ - BLE controller initialization.

Error reproducibility:  1 out of 5 after a POR

Capture.PNG 

I feel this issue crops up due change in VBACKUP settings done for RTC.

So just wanted to know is there any relation between VBACKUP power and  BLE controller initialization.

MaMo_1429561
New Contributor II

Just forgot to mention that I noticed this issue when I programed the PSoC6 with VBACKUP from a dedicated source enabled setting. But actually, not connecting any external battery/source to VBACKUP pin.

Capture.PNG