Questions regarding PSoC™ Automotive Multitouch Touchscreen

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chch_4037841
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi folks,  we are trying to do some capacitive touchscreen based sensing project, aiming to fully exploit the hovering features of capacitive touchscreen. It seems that the latest released PSoC™ Automotive Multitouch have strong capabilities on hovering detection based on this webpage: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-psoc-arm-cortex-microcontroller/32-bi...

Comparing to most of other alternatives, it seems PSoC™ Automotive Multitouch did several hardware software solution for enabling hover detection and noise reductions. We are wondering what's the maximum distance that the hovering detection can reach?

Also, by using evaluation kit, is it possible for us to access the raw sensor data and re-assemble them as the "capacitive pixelized image"?

The first step in our project is try to access the raw capacitive sensor data and re-assemble them based on the actual sensor spatial locality. In the mean time, we hope that the touch panel is able to capature the hovering finger as far as possible (the signal need at least above the noise floor).

Finally, we are wondering which PSoC™ Automotive Multitouch eval kit will best match our case?

There is a similar thing we found online: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Pre-Touch-CHI-2016.pdf

Any comments and suggestions will be super appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kavya_B
100 replies posted 10 likes given 25 solutions authored

Hello,

Hover feature is available in latest PSoC™ Automotive Multitouch Gen7 devices. The details and char data related to PSoC™ Automotive Multitouch Gen7 can only be shared under NDA. So, I request you to contact either our FAEs or Sales representatives regarding this request if possible. Otherwise you can write to automotive_marketing@cypress.com and get further details.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,

Kavya Bhat

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kavya_B

Hello,

Hover feature is available in latest PSoC™ Automotive Multitouch Gen7 devices. The details and char data related to PSoC™ Automotive Multitouch Gen7 can only be shared under NDA. So, I request you to contact either our FAEs or Sales representatives regarding this request if possible. Otherwise you can write to automotive_marketing@cypress.com and get further details.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,

Kavya Bhat

Thank you Kavya,

I've sent a short message to automotive_marketing@cypress.com.

Also may i know what's the email of sales representatives?  may be we can forward to them as well..

By the way, is there any links that we can access the datasheet of Gen 7?

Thank you so much!

Chen

0 Likes
Kavya_B

Hello Chen,

Multi Touch datasheets are also Cypress confidential documents and will be shared only under NDA.

You can check our webpage: https://www.cypress.com/about-us/sales-offices  to get contact details of regional Cypress Sales representatives.

I hope this info helps. 

Regards,

Kavya

0 Likes