Problem with Eclipse in 64 bit Windows

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PeSi_1583586
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

I have installed PSoC Creator 4.2 on my 64 bit Windows 10 computer on which I have Java 1.8.0_202  64 bit installed

I want to use the Eclipse IDE with it.

According to the PSoC Creator Help at 'Integrating into 3rd Party IDEs' > 'PSoC 4 and PSoC 5 Designs' > 'Using PSoC 4/PSoc 5 Designs with 3rd Party IDEs' > 'PSoc 4/ PSoC 5 Eclipse Information' > Eclipse Installation Configuration'   I am instructed to download the Eclipse software from http://www.eclipse.org/cdt. taking care to download the appropriate version (32/64 bit). I therefore downloaded and installed the 64 bit version

I am also told that I need to install the GCC ARM compiler from GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain in Launchpad  following the link to GNU Toolchain | GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain – Arm Developer

Dispite listing a number of download options (Windows/Mac/Linux etc) the only options for Windows are for 32 bit windows - none for 64 bit. Having no othe option I downloaded the 32 bit version for Windows 7 and Above.

I have tried to create a project following the instructions in your help documentation. However, when I click Finish' I get an error message 'Project cannot be created. Reason: Internal Error - java.lang.nullpointerException.

Could you please help!

Should I have downloaded the 64 bit version of the GCC ARM Compiler? If so where can I download it from?

Can you suggest any other reason why I should be getting this error and not able to create a project?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Did you add the import plugins to eclipse? I have attached them. But you can find them here: https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide

You can learn more about the error in the troubleshooting guide under section 6.1.2 here: Troubleshooting PSoC® Creator™ Issues - KBA217546

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Did you add the import plugins to eclipse? I have attached them. But you can find them here: https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide

You can learn more about the error in the troubleshooting guide under section 6.1.2 here: Troubleshooting PSoC® Creator™ Issues - KBA217546

Regards,

Dheeraj

I had previously downloaded and installed the plugin linked to by PSoC Creator Help shipped with PSoC Creator 4.2 section <Integrating into third party IDEs><PSoC4 and PSoc5LP designs><Using PSoC4/PSoC5LP with third party IDEs><PSoC4/PSoC5 Eclipse Information><Eclipse installation & configuration>  which was PSocCreatorEclipseImportJunoKeplar_4-13-16.zip  into Eclipse Cpp 2018-12 which resulted in the error message I described.

Having now downloaded and installed the plugin attached to your message, Eclipse now works fine.

Many thanks for all your help.