Printer not found in PSoC Creator 3.3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings; I have Creator 3.3 installed. I am unable to print from creator as my installed printer is not seen by the software. All my other applications see the printer just fine. I tried going into print setup but unable to locate printer. Any ideas? Oh yeah, I am using win 7.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
JeCo_264681
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

When you do a File >> Print, click on the button labeled "Find Printer." You might get a message that network discovery and file sharing are turned off. Click to change. Then select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing."
Let us know if that worked.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

have you tried to reinstall Psoc Creator? Or reinstall the printer.

0 Likes
JeCo_264681
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

When you do a File >> Print, click on the button labeled "Find Printer." You might get a message that network discovery and file sharing are turned off. Click to change. Then select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing."
Let us know if that worked.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, and sorry for the late reply, and also thank you both for your responses. I had not realized I had a response, my mailbox was quite full and I missed it until I was doing some mailbox cleanup.

Well, I tried reinstalling the printer drivers but this did not help. I been afraid to uninstall PSoC creator because I have many saved projects and kits already installed, and I don't know how the reinstall would affect that.

78RPM, I did as you suggested and the network discovery option was not available. I did go to the control panel and the Network Discovery option is enabled. I should point out, all my other programs see my printer just fine, this is the only one that doesn't. Also worth mentioning, I have a few other printer types installed, like PDF crreator and PDF Architect, and those are not listed either.

So when I go to print in Creator I get what is seen in attached screen shot. One thing in the Network discovery control panel is Public folder sharing. Currently it is off, would it be possible this is the culprit? I guess I should just try it.

Well thanks for the assistance:)

0 Likes

I don't see anything obvious. Reinstalling Creator should not wipe out your saved projects, but of course you should back up their directories before doing anything -- just in case.

0 Likes

I don't see anything obvious. Reinstalling Creator should not wipe out your saved projects, but of course you should back up their directories before doing anything -- just in case. If no one else replies you can contact Cypress for support under the tab Design Support >> Create a Support Case.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, I do appreciate your taking the time to help me out. As I am in the middle of some projects, and down time would be bad, I will just live with it for the moment as it is just a minor inconvenience, I have to copy and paste to other software to print. The schematic output is a bit of a pain as I have to screen capture..

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

In Creator under the Build tab you find a "Generate Project Datasheet" which produces a .pdf with something more than just the schematic. Printing (parts of it) will be easy.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, So that's how you guys make those nifty data sheets. That is one of the coolest tips ever. This is great 🙂 Thanks so much Bob...

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You are always welcome!

Bob

0 Likes