Phantom pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Black_Magic
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I had four interrupt pins in a PSOC5 design that I changed to normal input pins with a NAND and interrupt to resolve some pin conflicts.  Two of the old interrupt pin names are still reported after a build with "No input on Instance" and Terminal "int"signal" erquires connection when it is visible.  A search all does not find any instance of the name.

0 Likes
1 Solution

@Black_Magic ,

Hi.

Has your issue been resolved?

Was it one of the posts in this thread that shed light on the solution?

If so, please select that post as the solution.  The moderator will then close this thread.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Black_Magic,

SInce I don't have your TopDesign file I can't find the "phantom" pins myself.

However, use the Net signals listed in the "Notice List/Errors".   Use the "Find" to look for "Net_386" first then for "Net_384".

Assuming "Find" finds the net signal, it will highlight the wire connected to it.

Len
0 Likes
The nets can't be found either. I deleted the old APIs for the pins and
rebuilding doesn't bring them back. They only exist in the build error
message. When I tried to create an archive the four pin .c and .h could not
be found. I don't see anything in the project for these pins, but they seem
to exist somewhere.

Pura Vida, Tom
0 Likes

Tom,

Can you attach the TopDesign.cysch file to this thread?

I realize you probably want to protect your IP.    If you do this also indicate which PSoC part your are using.

The TopDesign may have information inside that is no longer valid and didn't get removed when you supposedly removed the components.  I realize that is strange but potentially possible.

Len
0 Likes

Black_Magic,

Did Bibi's suggestion work for you?

Len
0 Likes

@Black_Magic ,

Hi.

Has your issue been resolved?

Was it one of the posts in this thread that shed light on the solution?

If so, please select that post as the solution.  The moderator will then close this thread.

Len
0 Likes
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

I had something similar years ago.  The way I got rid of phantom signals/nets, was to archive the project and open it in a new folder.

File menu, Create Workspace Bundle.  I usually select "Compress Archive (zipped)" and "Minimal".  Be aware that any source files you added may or may not be included in archive.  So, make a copy of those too.

Let us know if this helped or not.

You might also check the individual GPIO pin configurations again in the PIN component window.  Maybe there's a INT left over kicking around.  Or, maybe your C code is still using the old GPIO names somewhere.  A head scratcher.

0 Likes