PSoc Creator 2.1 CP4 fails at initial load with - PSoC Creator failed to load an important element and will not run normally.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

System Windows 7 64 bit, PSoc creator 2.1 CP4 will not run. It always throws PSoc Creator Error fmk.M0019  "PSoC Creator failed to load an important element and will not run normally." error at startup and closes.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling... Does not help!

Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should raise a support case. That would be quicker to get response from Cypress support

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Probably something with your installation went wrong. I would suggest you to

Download PSoC Creator 2.1 from Cypress's website

De-Install Creator 2.1

Install the downloaded version.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob, but I already tried that. No joy...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

JCYR,

Can you please email me directly? I want to help you file a support case so we can address this issue. I have not seen this installation error before. Please email me at:

wbz@cypress.com

I will help assist in filing the support case.

Thanks,

Matthew Buza

Product Marketing Engineer

Cypress Semiconductor

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just another comment. The developers looked into the specific error message that is being returned and there should be more details available. I believe in the dialog box there's a 'details' button that will expand. If it's possible please attach that data to this forum post or email me directly.

Thanks,

Matthew Buza

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The details button shows the following:

"The creation of a plugin file failed. This file is crucial to this application. This might be caused by the abnormal environment of your computer when this application was started. Restarting this application or restarting your computer should fix this problem. Otherwise, there might be some file corruptions from the installation. Reinstalling this product should fix the problem."

Not very helpful! Tried the suggested remedies without success.

Case #1821034092 has been opened.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, figured it out. Creator 2.1 is not compatible with .Net 4.5!!! uninstalled .Net 4.5 and Creator now loads correctly. Unfortunately this is a show stopper since .Net 4.5 is a requirement for Visual Studio 2012.

0 Likes