PSoc Creater 4.1 Startup errors on Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just installed PSoc Creater 4.1 on Windows 10, and It's throwing a bunch of errors on startup. (like in this post https://community.cypress.com/message/141236.

Details Errors:

Error fmk.M0018

An important piece of PSoC Creator has a problem and may not work correctly. Please restart PSoC Creator.

Unable to initialize system dependencies. Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.1\PSoC Creator\dev\cyprjmgmtsearchpath.xml'.

Log file for this session is located at: C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\Temp\PSoC Creator-000.log

Error: fmk.M0018: An important piece of PSoC Creator has a problem and may not work correctly. Please restart PSoC Creator.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at CyDesigner.Common.Db.DeviceDb.Catalog.CyDcDeviceLoader.LoadCatalog(CyAbsPath devDataPath, String xmlRelativePath, String xmlSchemaRelativePath)

at CyDesigner.Common.Db.DeviceDb.Catalog.CyDcPlugin.PostPluginsLoadedInit()

at CyDesigner.Framework.CyPlugin.CallPostPluginsLoadedInits(IEnumerable`1 directory, Boolean printPluginLoadTimes, IDictionary`2 pluginLoadTimes)

Error: prj.M0274: Unable to initialize system dependencies. Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.1\PSoC Creator\dev\cyprjmgmtsearchpath.xml'.

Error: fmk.M0018: An important piece of PSoC Creator has a problem and may not work correctly. Please restart PSoC Creator.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at CyDesigner.Common.Db.CyS3Db.CyBGElaborator.PostPluginsLoadedInit()

at CyDesigner.Framework.CyPlugin.CallPostPluginsLoadedInits(IEnumerable`1 directory, Boolean printPluginLoadTimes, IDictionary`2 pluginLoadTimes)

at CyDesigner.Device.FitterPSoC.CyFitterPSoCPlugin.PostPluginsLoadedInit()

at CyDesigner.Device.FitterFM.CyFitterFmPlugin.PostPluginsLoadedInit()

An help is appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I tried downgrading to 4.0 and it works fine. Maybe something is wrong with 4.1 or my download was corrupted (I tried twice using Akami with the same errors)

0 Likes