PSoC3 using XTAL_32kHz XI and XO pins for GPIO if no XTAL used

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an open source project that I was looking at and now 2 assigned GPIO (output) pins of a CY8C3246PVI-147 are being reserved for a 32kHz crystal P15[2] and P15[3]. 

I had enabled the 32kHZ crystal on the Clock configuration page but went back and disabled (unchecked) it but the pins still cannot be used for the previously assigned output function.  

Cypress Creator 3.3 SP1 is being used and shows 2 errors that these pins are reserved for the XTAL_32khz clock.   How do I regain access to these 2 pins for GPIO usage?

The project's .cydwr file pins assignment page shows the reservation (shown in red) but the project build completes.  If I go back to the Clock configuration page and check the box to use the 32kHz crystal and attempt to build the project it fails. 

Looks like a bug in PSoC Creator 3.3 SP1 not clearing the reservation display on the cydrw Pins tab for the XTAL_32kHz pins even though that crystal is not being used.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  Closed the workspace and reopened it.   The reservations showing on the cydwr Pins page were no longer shown.  The pins were once again green for GPIO use.  So there is a bug, not that one would normally enable and disable the 32kHz crystal on a design like I did.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  Closed the workspace and reopened it.   The reservations showing on the cydwr Pins page were no longer shown.  The pins were once again green for GPIO use.  So there is a bug, not that one would normally enable and disable the 32kHz crystal on a design like I did.

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi all,

This bug is reproduced and it is fixed in our future release[planned for 4.0 -May/June]. This is just a GUI error and please be assured that the pin will work as expected. As of now just ignore the error message.

Thanks

JOBIN

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update, might want to check if the same thing happens for the high-speed XTAL pins.

0 Likes