PSoC Today: Impedance Meter information and project (updated to PSoC Creator 2.2 and Psoc 3/5LP)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really a component per se, but after receiving multiple requests from all you awesome viewers, I decided I needed to get it out to the world SOMEHOW so I decided why not here on this forum.  It technically does include my modified DeltaSigma modulator with the "mod" input... : )

0 Likes
12 Replies
ViDv_264506
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

Many thanks for publishing this example

Viktor

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

For fun, here are the related videos:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w78aO8j4olg

Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgyQuCZP2jU

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWeBnhW2YEo

Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POhxQ4kEF9k

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Many, many thanks - I've been looking for this everywhere and even trying to pause and screen-capture the video to get enough details! But can Dave not be persuaded to put a link here from the video page? I only found this by accident! Can you point me how to switch the project over to using the GCC toolchain? I do not have a Keil licence and it will not build as supplied. I tried the Build Settings but the Toolchain dropdown only offers two Keil options, not GCC. With my own projects and samples loaded within Creator, the dropdown only offers four GCC options, not Keil. I'm quite new to this, so sorry if I am missing something obvious, but any pointers gratefully received!   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Ah sorry! I was missing something obvious. It is supplied set to a PSOC3 chip, I needed to use the Device Selector on the Project menu to switch to the 5LP chip on my 050 board.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a note for making this work with Creator 3.1 for PSoC 5LP.

Add the linker flag -u _printf_float by going to Project -> Build Settings -> Linker -> Command line.  This will add floating point support for sprintf.

You will also need to increase the heap size in the .cydwr file under the Systems tab.  A size ov 0x0800 should be fine.  This gives the sprintf function room to work.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates for PSOC 5 and Creator 3.3?. I am getting a lot of errors (after updating components...)

Thank you and best regards..

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I Just downloaded the project, expanded it, updated all components and compiled it successfully using Creator 3.3 CP1.

Then I changed the device to CY8C5888AXQ-LP096 and again no errors when re-built.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob;

Re-downloaded the project, updated components, the project builds successfully in the original form, now it also builds OK using a PSOC 5.  I am using the same chip you selected. The errors I had before are not there anymore, so I guess my project files were corrupted. 

Best regards,

kreutz

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please kees ,

i dont know how to connect the hardware wires. in the schematic there are 4 TP , i suppose that unknown impedance will be connected to P01 and P05 (Drive_out and TIA_input) but for Drive_sense and TIA_Sense where should i connect these ??

thanks in advance

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you by any chance figure out the connection issue?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Kees and Cypress community,

i am a student. i had followed exactly the way Kees test the impedance meter project, however when i insert any component there to test the impedance meter, `CLIPPING` error always happened and no result are displayed. what should i do to overcome this problem?

thanks for your concerned

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you by any change figure what's causing the "CLIPPING" error?

0 Likes