PSoC Programmer 3.20.1 installs with error but without error messages.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AzGa_264406
Level 3
Level 3

PSoC Creator and Programmer Installations were without error messages. But when I start PSoC Creator 3.0 

SP1 it returns next red message:

"PSoC_Creator_Error_trn.M0004

PSoC Programmer is not installed on your computer system. Device programming and debugging functions 

have been disabled.

A required external connection could not be established. It may have been removed or overwritten. Close 

PSoC Creator, ensure that the application is installed and restart PSoC Creator."

My PC is about minimal hardware requirements excluding USB-ports (USB on system board is lower than 2.0; 

there is PCI-USB2.0 card else), XPSP3.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Can you open PSOC programmer independently of Creator ?

Regards, Dana.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Can you open PSOC programmer independently of Creator ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
ScottA_91
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
        That sounds a lot like the programmer service is not running. If programmer is installed properly you should be able to use it to program a hex file onto a PSoC chip. Can you do that?   
AzGa_264406
Level 3
Level 3

At the point programmer was uninstalled.

I had installed it again, restarted the system and had started the programmer. It brakes with message

"Error!

PSoC Programmer COM-object failed to start!

Either the COM-object is not registered or it could not be found on the local machine.

The Programmer will now quit!

Try  to reinstall this software.

OK "

0 Likes
AzGa_264406
Level 3
Level 3

It seems to me, something is clearing - the same problem was descibed on

http://www.psocdeveloper.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=45228

The mistake was to install the programmes when the the programmer (device) was connected to PC.

Interestingly, but  the Creator and Programmer were working on the same PC last September.

And now I have remembered that later the PS/2-mouse (or maybe PS/2 input/?) had died.  And I replace it with USB-mouse.

I guess the USB-mouse creates the error. And I must to install the Creator and Programmer without USB-mouse (?)

0 Likes
AzGa_264406
Level 3
Level 3

My installations were made when NO programmer or kit were connected. Only USB-mouse was connected.

PSoC Programmer 3.20.1 (and 3.19.1 too) installs in wrong way, as it described above.

Then I reinstalled them while the mouse was disconnected and (next time) uninstalled. 

All in vain - the same result.

Then I try to install the old version 3.00, with mouse connected. Successfully in this time. Then I had updated it to v.3.12.3, 

step by step with all versions in archive. I'll  continue in the evening.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I had a similar error some time ago, which was fixed by the help-desk from Cypress. I suggest you to create a technical case asap, leaving your phone number and time of call you'd want. To do so: on top of this page "Support&Community -> Technical support -> Create a MyCase" and specify your needs (and refer to this thread)

Bob

AzGa_264406
Level 3
Level 3

I resumed. I had no problems with PSoC Programmer versions to 3.12.6 - they installs or updates OK. But 3.13 and higher versions updates or installs wrongly. It deletes the prevous version files, but don't installs the new ones and displayes message "cannnot open release_notes.pdf"

0 Likes
ScottA_91
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
        Bob is correct, our first level support handles this kind of issue on a regular basis. It turns out the install technology we leveraged a number of years ago (and integrated into Programmer with 3.13) isn't as robust as the product advertised. Cypress is working on changing how installs work to make them faster, smaller and more robust; however, there is significant work required to change the underlying structure.   

Cypress first level support has a tool that can clear the offending entries out of your registry so you can install correctly. And please accept my humble apology for the frustration this install experience has caused. It is obvious we need to make some very fundamental changes to how we install so that everyone has a fantastic experience.   
0 Likes
mattl_01
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Agreed, looks like the registry has gotten fouled up and the support guys have a utility to help you fix that.

Arg, sorry for the problems.

--Matt

0 Likes
AzGa_264406
Level 3
Level 3

Bob, Scott, Matt, 

thanks for advice and info. I'd created the case.

0 Likes
AzGa_264406
Level 3
Level 3

This problem was partly due to remains of earlier uninstalled antivirus program. 

After the registry has been cleaned from them, I managed to install PSoC Programmer 3.18_final as well as 3.18.1 (but not 3.19.1 ... 3.21.0!) correctly.

What is the cause of problems with the installation of versions 3.19 ... 3.21 - I do not know yet.

Ultimately I've installed PSoC Creator 3.0, PSoC Programmer 3.18.1, PSoC Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT042Setup_1.exe).

And it all works.

Maybe with some errors because of: PSoC Creator 3.0 requires PSoC Programmer 3.19.1 (not 3.18.1)...

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Good that you could get help and thank you that you kept us informed.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

first trying to make the USB work now this :((((

I give up. wasted good one day...

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

If you are still having driver issues file a CASE, and they can do a remote

session with your machine and get you going.

To create a technical case at Cypress -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

solved by manualy deleting any temp folders in your profile plus the folder with your default projects.

then installing a new made it cear this time!

0 Likes
AzGa_264406
Level 3
Level 3

PSoC® Creator™ Version 3.1, Service Pack 2 was released.

As previously, Release Notes state:

"One of the following Windows platforms is required:

 Windows XP SP2 or SP3 (32-bit supported)

..."

And as previously, I have the same problem: PSoC Programmer 3.22.3 isn't installing. The Installer doesn't reports errors

and doesn't reguires any dlls or anything else. It finishes the installation as if everything is in order. The problem started with 

PSoC Programmer 3.19 and continues to PSoC Programmer 3.22.3. PSoC Programmer 3.18 installs OK, but I expect PSoC

Programmer 3.18 can't support succeeding devices. So I have a question: can anybody to install

PSoC Programmer 3.19 to PSoC Programmer 3.22.3 with XP OS?.

I was told, it requires to complete the XP with some newer dlls.

Is it really possible?...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just revisited this system after a while away and run into the same problem.

I installed Creator_3.1_sp1_2-19-15 then ran Cypress update manager and programmer appears to have been uninstalled,  not updated.

Edit:

I just installed the CY8CKit04942xx software the same way, install then update & programmer is installed and updated ok.

0 Likes
tiphc_1376351
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Updating is not possible.  The installer did not install the updater.

Submitting a case request is not possible.  The on-line form refuses to accept input from my keyboard.

0 Likes