PSoC Graphics Component for Color LCD Shield

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MarkH_61
Employee
Employee
25 likes received 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Attached is a component that I created for the Color Graphics LCD shield based on the Nokia 6100 display. They can be found at Sparkfun and other web sites such as ElecFreaks and even Ebay.  There are two versions of the display, one with a Philips controller and another with an Epson controller.  I tested the one with the Philips controller, but could not find one with the Epson controller test it.  If anyone knows where I can get one with a Epson controller, let me know and I'll test it and make updates if needed. 

It is hardware compatible with the new (Arduino hardware compatible) PSoC 4 CY8CKIT-042 board as well as the FreeSoC Explorer board that uses the PSoC 5LP.  The component of course supports both PSoC 4 and PSoC 5LP and has been optimized for a 32-bit controller.   You can also easily wire it to one of the other Cypress Development boards with a few jumper wires.

Below is a couple of  places you can get the display shield.  The one from ElecFreaks is very bright, but you need to add one more signal to drive the backlight control, (D10 Arduino) or P3[4] high on the PSoC 4 CY8CKIT-042 board.  The display I purchased from Ebay also work right out of the box.

Sparkfun

ElecFreaks

Ebay

The attached file contains the component library and a simple program that provides example code for most of the functions.  I plan to post a PSoC4 and PSoC 5LP waveform display project in a week or two as well, that uses this same display if there is any interest.  The example project is for a PSoC4, but it can be changed to a PSoC 5LP as well.

Best regards,

Mark

0 Likes
7 Replies
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Now we have this component. Thank you so much.
Perhaps this will help kmmankad))):
http://kmmankad.blogspot.ru/2013_02_01_archive.html

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost 2 yrs later ... thank you Mark.

Picked up display -- shown in Element14's Pioneer board scope project -- on eBay also, and to my amazement the project was built error free and board programmed.

I'll dive into your ZIP file next.

Much appreciated.

Steve P.

Saratoga

0 Likes
MarkH_61
Employee
Employee
25 likes received 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

That is the way it is suppose to work.  I'm glad it worked well for you.

Mark

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Meh,

I ported your code to run on CY8CKIT-044 PSoC® 4 M-Series Pioneer Kit. I got compiler errors regarding to incompatible pins and pins selected are fine. Do you have a chance to run GLCD on this board? Technically, it should word for all PSOC 4s

Please see project file attached,

Thanks,

Biet

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You just need to open the library project and update the components to latest version. Same with the original project.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Bob, It compiled. I will post the project back once I am able to display it in my LCD.

Biet

0 Likes
JoBe_1088971
Level 1
Level 1

Excellent very appropriate, thanks

0 Likes