PSoC Designer 5.4 does not display anything and crashes during building.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
OlI_4599061
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have installed PSoC Designer 5.4 under Windows 7 (64). When I create or open an example project Chip Editor and Pinout Editors are empty despite the fact that modules are present in the Workspace explorer. If I create a new project I see the same results (empty editor windows) and also can't add any module (nothing happens when I try to place a module). Moreover, when I try to build an example project PSoc Designer crashes with an error window (see attached image).
In order to try to solve empty editor windows issue I installed Adobe SVG, but this didn't help.
What do I need to do to make the Designer work?

Looking forward to your help,

Oleg

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Oleg,

Kindly install PSoC Designer as an administrator. Use Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool to see if your dontnet installation is good. Kindly check if the system requirements are met. It seems to me that there is a dotnet issue in your system, on reviewing the screenshot you have attached.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Oleg,

Kindly install PSoC Designer as an administrator. Use Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool to see if your dontnet installation is good. Kindly check if the system requirements are met. It seems to me that there is a dotnet issue in your system, on reviewing the screenshot you have attached.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes