PSoC Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
marvian_s
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi 

I am using the last version of PSoC Creator 4.4  with CY8CKIT-050  and I could not use a timer or counter. I saw PSoC 101 but the timer and counter dose do not have enough control pin for PSoC 5l in PSoC Creator. I study the timer and counter and still couldn't figure. Would you guide me where can I found some examples like pdf, book, or video? My new company uses PSoC 5L and I want to catch it as soon as possible.

Regards,

Marvian 

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Marvian,

Have you gone through the Timer code example for PSoC 5LP in PSoC Creator? If not, please go through it once. I have attached it with this email.

The timers in PSoC 5LP can be either Fixed Function components or Universal Digital Block (UDB) based components.

For more information about the Timer APIs and how to use them, please refer the Timer component datasheet. (attached that also)

For more  code examples please refer the following web page.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/psoc-345-code-examples

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Marvian,

Have you gone through the Timer code example for PSoC 5LP in PSoC Creator? If not, please go through it once. I have attached it with this email.

The timers in PSoC 5LP can be either Fixed Function components or Universal Digital Block (UDB) based components.

For more information about the Timer APIs and how to use them, please refer the Timer component datasheet. (attached that also)

For more  code examples please refer the following web page.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/psoc-345-code-examples

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Marvian,

To locate a working example of timer-based project perform the following steps:

1. Select "Find Code Example..." in the "Start Page" tab.
    Len_CONSULTRON_1-1622549475542.png
  2. Enter "PSoC 5LP" in the "Device family:" field  and "Timer" in the "Filter by:" field.
    Len_CONSULTRON_0-1622549338976.png
  3. You can then select a project from the list like "Timer" and then select "Create Project" button.
Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes