PSoC Creator will not detect PSoC 5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The problem I am running into is that after I programmed my CY8CKIT-059 PSoC 5LP for the "Hello World!"/"LED Blinky" program the PSoC Creator 3.3 Software will not, nor will the PSoC Programmer 3.24 detect the device any longer. Any help will be beneficial. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

...and? Did you read the Kitprog documentation? You can only program your device when the LED shows solid light.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Does the kitprog show up in device manager with a com port number?   
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it does. That is the part that is confusing me the most.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Please report the kit's LED status. Try pressing the reset switch for > 6 seconds.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

After doing that the status LED will either be solid or breathing. It changes every time I hold the reset for >6 seconds.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

...and? Did you read the Kitprog documentation? You can only program your device when the LED shows solid light.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

...it doesn't even show up when the light is solid.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Hmmm.... Unplug the kit. De-install the USB driver using USBDeview64 from nirsoft.net (free). Reboot. Plug in the kit and wait for drivers installed completely.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, thank you.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When this fails, I would suggest you to get in contact with Cypress directly: At top of this page select "Design support -> Create a Support Case" and ask your question. You will be helped by a Cypress engineer.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah,

That didn't work, I'm waiting on a response from Cypress. Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any idea how I can find the drivers for the Kitprog. I think that may be an issue.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The drivers should be found, downloaded and installed when the kitprog is plugged in. You will see the usual message when USB drivers are searched and installed by windows. When not, you de-installed the wrong driver or your USB connection is broken.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have make a Firmware-Update over the Programmer->Utilities Button "Upgrade Firmware".

0 Likes