PSoC Creator examples download fail

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi,

in my current installation (4.1. Update 1, build 3210), there are some defective examples in the examples overview:

• CE215883_MFT_Two_PWMs
  • CE216686_Base_Timer_with_ADC

Seems that those examples don't exist on the examples server. Additionally, the inbuilt PDF documentation preview window doesn't work if a PDF viewer other than Adobe Acrobat is installed.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
6 Replies
mattl_01
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hey Ralf,

Did you try clicking on the little globe to the left (see what I highlighted in yellow)?

pastedImage_0.png

Maybe there was a temporary glitch in either our server or your internet connection?

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are going to make this download process more user friendly.

--Matt

0 Likes

Hi Matt,

yes, I downloaded all examples, the two mentioned got a server symbol with exclamation mark (see picture) and an error message pops up ("Unable to install the example project. This may happen if you have a file open in the example's directory (such as the datasheet)."

Find Code Example.png

I've no files of the example directory opened.

But I checked the examples directory today. The mentioned examples already had folders with content. After deleting the folders, re-trying the download succeeds. So, it seems that the download mechanism sometimes misses a successful download. Maybe you can check this. Interestingly, I've the same behaviour on a 2nd PC, but I don't know what I did wrong (clicking the download symbol isn't something what can go wrong).

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes

Oh wow, that's interesting.  I wonder if we covered that in our test cases.  Let me talk to the team.

Thanks for the detective work. I'm sorry you ran into that.

--Matt

0 Likes

Hi Matt,

no problem. I have fun discovering such bugs and side-effects or making suggestions.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes

Ralf,

Can you try the MFT PWM examples again? I just tried it and it worked. I know we had some issues last week migrating some items up to the content server, so this may have been in a broken state.

Thank you,

Ian

0 Likes

Hello Ian,

as I wrote on Aug. 29th, it worked after deleting the already existing example directory.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes